Normally my lips are very chapped in the winter, but spring through fall I have no problems at all. However, the past week or so, they've been very dry again. Any ideas? Water intake is normal to above normal for me, so I don't think that's it. Humidity is average. Temps are average for this season. Any ideas how to stop getting chapped lips and any ideas for chapped lips remedies??

try using vaseline

my lips hurt real bad!

blistex or carmex (in that teeny tiny little white jar with the yellow lid).

I like carmex too but the stick. As to the reason/source of the chapped lips my first guess woulda been lack of hydration but you said this is prolly not the case so I'm clueless. :|

I've been using Blistex religously the past few days. No significant improvement yet. :shrug:

That stuff sux, it never works for me! Carmex I tell ya! :o

I'm hesitant to use anything that sounds like a mix between automotive parts and bad tacos.

my vote is also going to vaseline :|

vaseline :|
vaseline works too! dang you blistex haters. :x the cream kind in the little tube with the slanted tip thingy? works for me. carmex in the tub is addictive. i know it's in this house somewhere.

Aveeno has a new line of lip balms and they're awesome!!!

My guess is you've maybe started mouth breathing or licking your lips a lot more.

(When I get allergies I mouth breathe and my lips get dry)

Mouth breather. :umno:
But this may be it. I've been sneezing a lot lately, and now that you mention it, I am really thirsty in the morning - more indication that I'm sleeping with my mouth open at night.

Mouth breather. :umno:
But this may be it. I've been sneezing a lot lately, and now that you mention it, I am really thirsty in the morning - more indication that I'm sleeping with my mouth open at night. :o Mouth breather smilie!! :teehee:

normal aging? our skin dries out as we get older. I love Aquaphor the best - after that ChapStick Ultra. Make sure you keep sunblock on your lips too - the skin there is very sensitive and sunburns easily.

put vaseline on your lips before you go to bed. that will help your lips through the night.

you'd think i'm in vaseline sales or something :umno:

well, back in the day, they used to claim that a whole lotta :cuddle: used to cause chapped lips. not that i could attest to this but i'd heard it said.