My mother was a R.N. nurse in the 1930's. She had home remedies for almost everything. One thing she believed in was boric acid. She used it to clean the wax from ears of me and my siblings. Now, 67 years later I get build up of ear wax and the medical people try to remove it with peroxide. I recently had to make three trips to Urgent Care to get the wax out. I suggested they try boric acid and they would have nothing of it. What do you say?.

I agree that the boric acid is great. I've been suffering for 3 months with ear clogging.. actually turned out to be a yeast infection of the ear. But it took 2 doctors and 2 specialists to diagnose. And prior to diagnosis I was pumped w/ peroxide and antibiotics. Finally this last doctor prescribed boric acid and right away I feel a difference.

I have the same problem, I did the candling, which worked GREAT! however, I developed a EAR infection, when to my doctor, and when he examined my ear, he saw more ear wax build up, he then gave me antibodiic, for the infection, and drops with BORIC ACID, so in 6 days we will see what happens!

am having tthe same shiit over here, and ahav given the boric acid to drop them for a week a then get chilling to see what are these. but the specialists say its nothing but wax

I went to a ENT surgeon about a cholesteatoma in my ear, and an ear infection, and he told me to irrigate my ear twice a day with a boric acid solution. So I would say definitely use it!!!

what do you mean They prescribed it for you? just curious because I have fluid in my ear and somebody recommended that for me

I had an ear infection for over a year while living in Turkey and saw an ear specialist who gave me antibiotics for almost a year and stringed my ears every few months. I moved to Mexico with my job, and saw a doctor there. He gave me boric acid which used twice a daytold me not to eat tomatoes or bananas and use hairdryer on my ear. It was cured in 6 weeks.