I'm 22 years old and have been with the same partner for almost 2 years now. For about 8 months I have been noticing a thick white discharge on my underware and during sex. It has very little to no odor, and doesn't have a pattern of when it is thick and when there is less. It isn't any sort of yeast infection or vaginal infection. I've been checked for all STD's and infections. This year alone, I've been to a gynocologist three seperate times and every time she says she can not see anything but normal discharge. It is almost as if I can't get to the doctor on a day when it is bothersome. All she has said is that I am a little dry. My main concern is for my partner and my sex life. 9 times out of 10 white lotion type discharge will cover his entire penis when we have sex. It dries out any natural lubrication I have. It actually starts to hurt him because it causes friction inside of my vagina, which in turn leads to less sex. We have tried many kinds of water based lubricants and it doesn't help, it only makes the friction worse shortly after using it. I do not feel sexy at all anymore because of this problem. He can't perform oral sex on me anymore because the discharge has a bitter taste. I've been on Ortho-Tricyclen Lo for about 2 years now. Before that regular strength Orthi-Tricyclen. I know birth control pills can cause an increase in discharge. I also use Summers Eve non-scented hypo-alergenic feminine wash instead of regular body wash. I don't use a douche. I wear cotton underware. I have a slightly stressful job, which I know can contribute to increased discharge. I just don't know what else to do. Would an IUD or some other form of non-hormonal birth control be any better? I've had yeast infections in the past. Is there some sort of medication I can take to decrease the discharge? Maybe a medication for lubrication? Is anyone else having this problem?

Ok I have the same problem I also have the think white discharge that comes out every now and then. But when me and my boyfriend have sex it gets all over his penis and causes me to stay DRY during sex. Its so frustrating becasue becasue of the discharge it causes sex to be uncomfortable for me and i hardly ever want to do it. Lubs don't work for me either. I don't know what it is I can't ever get wet and when I finally get wet I don't stay that way. we somethimes use spit but that dry up after a few seconds. I also went to the doctor and she said it was cormal discharge and wasn't a yest inf. So trust me i know what ur going through!!!

I was reading that a chunky, white discharge is not a sign of a yeast infection at all and that girls, as soon as they notice this, they believe that they are dealing with a yeast infection. Well, it doesn't have to be. White substance inside the vagina it doesn't have to be a yeast infection. My doctor told me that a lot of girls get yeast infections and that this often can happen if they have just finished a course of antibiotics or the weather is hot too. At least, this was in my case. Generally, people are making a mistake because when it comes to yeast infections, they are not caused by having sex. However, if you’ve had sex and now you have symptoms, you should see your HCP and get tested for an STI as soon as possible. 

I am in the exact same position as you when you wrote this topic two years ago. Did you ever find an answer? I haven't.

I am 26 years old and for the past 4 1/2 years I have had a heavy, white, DRY vaginal discharge that seems to be similar to yeast but more clumpy and thick. I have seen many doctors and have ruled out ALL possible STDs including yeast and cervical disorders, diabetes and thyroid conditions. Also just had my hormones tested with normal results. DOES ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE ANY ANSWERS?? if you find out ANY answer please share!!

We're both desperate for answers. We've been tested for every STD. When I first met her, everything was completely normal, but several months in we started seeing the exact same symptoms you're talking about.

My last girlfriend of 6 years also had these issues, I'm wondering if it isn't something specific to me. After we stopped seeing each other, she said that her fluid went back to normal consistency, and her dryness went away.

If any of you have any answers, please respond, any doctor I've brought this up to seems to disregard it.

reading this is scary. my boyfriend thought that i wrote this. thats how similar my situation is to this. the dr never gives me any answers so im always left still wondering if this is normal? sex has been unpleasurable because as soon as my boyfriend of 2 years penetrates inside of me he gets his penis covered in a creamy white excessive discharge and then when he goes down on me he complains of it tasting bitter. its frustrating and these are my only symptoms. does any one have any answers because my dr says im normal.

I have this same problem. White thick creamy vaginal gunk all over my boyfriends penis when we have sex, it has a bitter taste, but I noticed my vaginal discharge always had that slight bitterness/sourness but it was NEVER in this quantity or thickness. Diet sometimes effects it. The ONLY thing that helps is Boric Acid. It is used as a treatment for persistent yeast. I had used it thinking it was a yeast infection which it NEVER was. But it is the only thing that thins the creamy stuff out enough for it to flow out of my vagina. I use it once or twice a week to get rid of the discharge (which it really isn't because the white stuff is too thick to even come OUT of me). I also notice that when I don't have sex it goes away, having sex seems to aggravate the situation. I have been to the doctor OVER and OVER again, been tested for EVERYTHING, all negative. It makes me VERY self-conscious about having sex...i cannot enjoy it.

I too have had this problem for over 2 years and totally sympathise. I have been to two gyno's, had a D+C as they thought I had cervical erosion, this op did not cure the problem.
I have been checked for all STD's and had numerous tests for yeast infections and bacteria infections all came up negative.
I notice the discharge (although i dont know if this is an appropriate word to use as it doesn't flow out, it seems to stick to the walls of the vagina and you can scoop it out) most when I have sex and all the white clumpy stuff is all over the place (gross!)
After giving up for a while on getting any treatment I have decided to go to a chinese herbalist, i have been with her for 4 weeks now and no change yet, she does seem confident that she can treat it, I promise I will log back in in 4 weeks time and let you know if there is any light at the end of the tunnel. If anyone else has been to a chinese herbalist which did or didnt work, please let me know. Or if anyone has tried any other form of alternative medicine, thanks

I'm 25 and I've had this problem since I was 21. For me the discharge fluctuates in thickness. There are times when I am brimming with it and other that it's actually not that troublesome. It gets better when I eat a balanced diet, take vitamins, exercise and am not stressed. This doesn't happen often. It used to go away right after my period, but I've noticed that now it remained during it as well. Doctors have also told me not to worry about it, but it's uncomfortable and has affected my ability to remain lubricated during sex. I've had to disregard doctor's prescriptions to use yeast treatments because I don't want to build resistance to them for actual yeast infections. If anything, it is a relief to know I am not alone. I have tried inserting garlic in my vagina and it helps. If anyone finds ANYTHING PLEASE share. Thanks!

I have the same problem and taking a probiotic has helped out the problem. The discharge is no longer in big white chunks that appear all the time, it is now a more clear smaller bits of discharge that occur once in a while.

Im taking a 10 Million Acidophilus and Bifidus from Natural Factors (can find this at Nutrition House etc.)

I have had these same exact issues for almost 2 years now!! it is extremely aggravating. i have been to the doctor soooo many times because i was convinced that this thick white discharge was some sort of infection or abnormality. mine was also so thick that it did not come out on its own, but seemed to cling to the walls of my vagina. my doctor would basically say, yep i see some discharge and would then test me for yeast. i have had yeast in the past, but this new discharge didn't come with any other symptoms. all my tests would come back negative which made me feel even more crazy. i finally saw a new doctor recently and she said that birth control pills can do this.
i understand how frustrating this can be. i was on and off diflucan for so long and taking all these yeast medications which never seemed to make the problem actually go away. now i understand that its because they weren't actually yeast infections. this has taken a toll on my relationship and has affected my sex life significantly.i have changed my diet, only wear cotton underwear, unscented soaps, no sugar etc. it also became the main concern in my LIFE and totally consumed my everyday thoughts/actions. i am so relieved to hear that others have experienced this and also been told that it was normal, huuuuge weight off my shoulders.

Change your birth control. i had this and changed bc to another brand and it cleared up really quickly. You can be having an allergic reaction to something in the bc (like a non active ingredient)- just tell your dr that you want to try another brand... it worked for me so maybe it can help

I have had this same problem for few years now. I had a complete hysterectomy many years ago and I have thought this was caused by the Estrace Company getting bought out by another company that doesn't make it the same way anymore. However when I read these posts of much younger women than myself who I'm sure have not had a hysterectomy yet the mystery continues, unless we can find a common thread of hormonal imbalance due to the BC pill and my HRT. Are there any of you who are not on BC pills?

So nice to hear about your stories. I feel your pain, thick white stuff on my boyfriends penis, the bitter taste, BUT not the dryness. Can anyone exaplin that more.The white discharge i have dries up very quickly and then rubs off like dead skin? It all just so effin gross. I think the birth control im on i think it also making me get and overload of emotions. Usually mad, or very anxious, im going to try change it.