Hey, I have one issue that really bothers me. I was diagnosed with a yeast infection. I don't know how, since I am sleeping only with my hubby...the only thing that I can think about is that he is cheating on me...I don't know how to ask him. But that is not my worse problem. I am pregnant and now, since I am diagnosed with a yeast infection, I really don't know what to do. So, I was wondering can you recommend me some home remedies for a vaginal yeast infection during pregnancy? I am in the third trimester of pregnancy.  Tnx! 

Good day. I also had problems with this during my pregnancy. There are numerous of home remedies for a yeast infection, but I can't tell you is it better to visit a doctor or to try to do something on your own.  You can definitely try adding more yogurt on the daily basis, sure you can always eat more garlic, even if you don't like it because garlic is another antifungal home remedy used to treat yeast infections and it is the best thing, trust me.  I could swear that there is nothing better than this.  Honey and apple cider vinegar are also good home remedies.  Try some of those. Maybe it will work sooner than you think. 

Celebrity

My sister had it during her third pregnancy. She never had it before, so she was very scared when this happened to her. She did know that this is a yeast infection, but she didn't' know how to treat it during the pregnancy or even try to heal it. Anyway, she found a cure by applying some of the antifungal cream to the area around the vagina. Sure, you need to know that you can't expect to see some results over the night, it is important to know that it may take a few days of treatment before you begin to feel some relief. 

My good friend had yeast infection diagnosed while she was in the 6th month of pregnancy. She was way to scared, she believed that something will go wrong until her doctor told her that she is not the only case and that a lot of pregnant ladies have this problem. It is possible to heal this, it is possible to find a home natural treatment option for it. Here is what you should do - wear comfortable underwear, try to find olive leaf extract to put it on your underwear in order to make a balance in your vagina. Also, you can use coconut oil, garlic, cranberries juice - those all are natural and good remedies. 

Hello there girls. I had an issue with this during my pregnancy as well. According to the doctor, it is nothing unusual and so many different factors can be a reason for this. Then, I found my magical cure! And I think that I am a little bit borring to all of my friends because I am talking about it constantly, but I can't help myself because it was really, really helpful to me in several cases. The magical cure for me is Acidophilus Pills and I can almost swear that this is probably the most effective method of home treatment. This is a probiotic and probiotics such as acidophilus promote the growth of good bacteria in those nether regions where the yeast has multiplied. Try it, trust me, once you do, you will forget about all other over the counter medications! Good luck!

Yes, there are numerous of natural medications that you can find helpful, but one, during the pregnancy, you really should avoid. Avoid boric acid, no matter how good things you have read about it. It is OK, but if you are not pregnant. If you are a pregnant, you should avoid it for numerous reasons, even you can consult your doctor. He will also tell you that you should avoid it. This should not be your choice at all. There are so many of them, for example, you should drink more yogurt for the fungi balance, you can use some essential oils. I would also avoid apple cider vinegar bath if you are pregnant. I don't know can it harm you, but I am skeptical. Good luck in treatment.

as my nickname told you, I am also pregnant. I got this yeast infection three days ago. sure, I was really scared so I went to see a gynecologist imidaitelly. he told me that he can't prescribe antibiotics to me because they won't help me at all. instead, he recommended some natural cures, and I was like - sure, why not? I mean, I need to be healed somehow and soon, I hope. so, he recommended me to take yogurt in the morning and the garlic in the evening, together with my dinner. I am not a fan of yogurt and garlic, but what we can do about it? so, I was eating and drinking it. it was not pleasant at all, but I was thinking about my health and my baby. and, after three days I noticed that this fishy smell is gone. after seven days I went to see my doctor, and guess what - no sign of yeast infection. thumbs up!

Hello. I am also pregnant and I find out that I have a yeast infection. Before, when I was not pregnant, I was using boric acid as well and I find it very helpful. That is why I didn't visit my doctor in order to seek the proper treatment because boric acid was always a really helpful to me. So, I really don't need to tell you that I really wanted to use it now. Anyway, now I am reading all of your comments and I am wondering - why a pregnant lady can't use boric acid to treat a yeast infection? I mean, to be honest, I started with it last night...Did I do something wrong? What to do now about this? Please, let me know. Why I can't use it?

Celebrity
Don't use it anymore. I am really surprised that your gynecologist never mentioned this to you because there are so many cases of the pregnant ladies who were diagnosed with a yeast infection and this is nothing new. Sure, all gynecologist are aware of the fact that woman will use some of the natural treatments and boric acid is one of those. Now, stop. Read on this forum a little bit about natural treatments because there are so many of them. Even if boric acid is good and helpful, it can be extremely harmful in the pregnancy for you and your fetus as well. It can lead to miscarriage. Also, it can lead to some baby defects and a lower body weight as well. I am not an expert so I really don't want to scare you, but this is all true. Talk to your gynecologist about this, please.