Hi, for the last couple of days I have been feeling sharp pain in my lower back. It doesn't hurt all of the time, but when it starts it feels like someone is stabbing me with a knife. I believe that there is something wrong with my left kidney, because I have been feeling this pain only on the left side. The first thing that comes to my mind is a kidney stone. Can you tell me what the symptoms of kidney stone are so that I can compare them to mine and see if I need to see a doctor?

Hi, my mother has kidney stones in both of her kidneys. Every seven to eight years she discharges one. In fact, when one stone is passed, the other one starts forming. In my mother's case kidney stones are formed in one and then another kidney. She does not feel any symptoms until the stone starts to move through her urinary canals. When this happens she feels tremendous pain. I am sure that you do not have problems with kidney stones, because the pain that they cause is so severe that my mother, on couple of occasions, vomited and cried because she could not stand the pain. I believe that the pain you are experiencing may come from a kidney infection and not kidney stone. In any case, you should see a doctor, because whatever the diagnosis is, if there is something wrong with your kidney the treatment is necessary.

For two weeks I've a dull pain in my left side to the back (kidney area) Ive had countless kidney infections as a child and am told by doctors that i probably have scarred kidneys, but as I say two weeks ago this ache started (I havent suffered kidney probs in 25/30 years) and when I eat it gets worse so much so that I cant take a deep breath. anyone out there who has a diagnosis?? HATE the thoughts og going to doctors im afraid of what he may tell me....