I have bad luck to suffer of terrible pain and to have terrible cousin. He does not live with us, but each time he sees my medicines, he yells at me. I cannot stand it any more and I want some answers. Firstly, did anyone suffered of pain, and been prescribed to use Duracet. Then, can you also tell me if that is drug that could make me addicted?

I have many medical issues and must take medications for pain management, so I am sure one of those who understand you the best. The last five years I have been under two major surgeries. I took Hydocodone for pain the last four years. Anyway, my tolerance to this drug increased so much that I was taking more pills each day. I have been labeled as a drug addict by all, and recently I have given up the Hydrocodone and had withdrawals. My doc prescribed a new drug called Duracet, which supposed to help me better then previous one. I was told the Duracet was a non-narcodic drug, but I find that this drug too, is habit forming. Then I was asking around a little bit and I have heard that Duracet, and any other medicine that contains Ultram could be habit forming. This means we are probably going to experience withdrawal effects. On another side I have heard that Duracet, is an anti-inflammatory drug and it should not cause any problems when I stop.