So i am 20 years old and when i was a junior in high school i took my first percocet. i knew immediatly this was my drug of chioce and never did Anything else. Fortunatly i left the pain killers alone until about a year and a half ago when i snorted my first roxicodone. I fell in Love!!!! since then i have been on and off but for the past 4 months or sso i have consistantly been on anywhere from 15 to 30mg's of roxicodone daily. Just to make it through, just like every other addict. Yesterday i came clean with my family and my boyfriends mom who is also a recovering opiat addict so she gave me 2 8mg Subutex to quarter and take 2 mg a day for my withdrawals. I have felt exceptionally well and experianced absolutly no cravings. Now i wonder what the side affects will be from coming off of this small dose short term use of subutex. And if i continue to experiance cravings, should i ask my doctor for a prescription. Roxicodone is NOT an option.. and anything is better than that.?

-- responses PLEASE!? ;-)

Well Subutex or what I have taken suboxone, is rather nice to have to get off the pills. The only problem I had with the suboxone was after the first day of taking it I woke up and felt like I had been hit by a train and someone decided to back it up and park it on top of me, I literally fell out of bed I was that sore and weak. I couldnt keep food or liquid's down for a few hours also, basically pain killer hang over. But after I could start getting fluids and food to stay down I started to feel better, until I was prescribed hydrocodone for a stress factor and kidney stones, now I'm back on the craving trail, BUT ANY WAYS! Back to what I was saying. Now suboxone still helped with my pain but made my cravings for hydrocodone and oxycodone go completely away after a short while of taking it. I would talk to your doctor and explain to him/her about what has been going on and ask what would be the best way to go about treatment. Good luck and best of wishes to you for fighting a tough battle.

Are you still in Subutex? If so, the key to getting off without much withdrawal is Librium. Its a Benzo that makes it so easy to get off the Subutex trainwreck. I took it for Sub for 9 years and off for 24 days. So happy again. Sub is a drain on your entire life........