I have a friend who is a little bit overweight since I know her. Anyway, few days ago she told me she started to use Adipex. As I understood her, she wants to lose pounds with this drug. What I know is that Adipex is habit forming, so I need to know if we talk about same medicine here. Can you tell me anything you might found to be interesting for me?

Yes, the same drug has been using to reduce weight, and addict is one of side effects. There is some important info your friend and everyone who uses Adipex should know before she or he starts. Since you already mention, I shall say Adipex is habit forming and person can become physically and psychologically dependent on this medication. Withdrawal effects are common when he or she stop taking Adipex suddenly after several weeks of continuous use. Then everyone must know it is not recommended to crush, chew or open any tablet or capsule then swallow it whole. Adipex stimulates the central nervous system, which increases heart rate and blood pressure and decreases appetite. Adipex is used as a short-term supplement to diet and exercise in the treatment of obesity. Before prescribing this medicine your doctor has to check you for some diseases. The reason is that you may not be able to take Adipex, or you may require a lower dose or special monitoring during treatment if you have any of those conditions.

Why can you only take adipex(phentermine) for 3 months????

If taken longer phentermine could cause side effects on your health, including heart damage.

Another thing with phenterime is that a patient eventually becomes tolerant to weight loss. This may actually happen after just a few weeks or so.

So, even if you continue to use it you may not benefit from it, so why use it? Adverse reactions could be so severe and include high blood pressure, constipation, diarrhea, nervousness, restlessness, dizziness, insomnia, tremors, headaches, itchy skin, and changes in libido, etc.

If one takes dosages higer than recommended, they will certainly experience adverse reactions and may do more harm to their bodies than benefit from temporary weight loss.

If you use it for extended perieos od time you may also suffer withdrawals like mental depression and extreme fatigue.

Do you see a good reason for quitting phenterime after the allowed period?