Hello! I am curious what are the end stage dementia signs for I think my dad is totally losing himself –it has been for years now he is suffering from Alzheimer's disease and lately the things have become much worse he had 3 upper urinary infection in just 3 months and he is not even remembering who am I? What do you think I should be doing and is this end stage dementia condition?

Hi! My dad also had Alzheimer's disease and he actually died from the upper urinary tract complications as a form of end stage dementia but there is also some other end stage dementia signs such as aspiration pneumonia, sepsis and other similar infections and one of the end stage dementia conditions are also significantly weight loss. You could chose between the hospice care or home care-I have chosen this other option I hired a woman to take care of him and the most important is to provide a dignity to the patient up until the end-I remember my dad was enjoying listening to the birds song so I brought him a cage with 2 birds and he just loved them, he also loved watching videos with nature and animals motives and though he stopped recognizing me he loved listening me reading to him every night. I know this affects your life but remember when it comes to end stage dementia phase there is no much time left.