My dad has recently been diagnosed with Alzheimer's dementia and as I was explained this is an early stage of the disease and I don't know anything related to the Alzheimer's dementia and what could have caused this? I insisted he go see a doc for he started forgetting things I think sometimes he doesn't know where he is so I am curious how fast Alzheimer's disease progresses and what are the other symptoms? Thanks!

Hi there! My mom was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease and had lived for 9 years after being diagnosed-she died from urinary tract complications which were actually caused by the Alzheimer's dementia. Anyway, Alzheimer's dementia is neurological disease so it is about nerve damages and usually it affects first the center for speaking, thinking, remembering and in later phases you may expect your dad lose the moving abilities as well as urinary and stool problems in sense that patients diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease could not always control themselves. All this is in fact caused by losing the brain cells that are so essential when it comes to memory and any other mental activity so at the end these patient's are not able to take care of themselves at all.