On November 27th, my boyfriend and I had sex with out a condom. I am on birth control but I know that it is not 100% effective. My last period was the 14th thru the 17th of November. So it has been almost a month now. I have taken about 4 pregnancy tests and all of them have some up negative. I was supposed to get my period today but it never happened. I have been under a little bit of stress but I don't believe that is the fact for me missing my period. I have been feeling like I have the flu today (hot/cold flashes, chills, achy body, cough) which I have read as a early sign of pregnancy. I have been having lower back pains, gained about 5 pounds, eating more than I normally do. Last week I threw up about 11 in the morning and a day later about 6 at night. I have been very very tired lately and physically drained. The only thing that I want to do is sleep but I know that I can't. I just want to know if these are signs of something else or early pregnancy. I can't go to the doctors til the end of January because that's when my doctor gets back and she is the only person that I can trust. Plus I don't think my boyfriend and I can wait until then to know.

Hi honey! I am 99.9% sure you are NOT pregnant, and due to you worrying about it you are tricking your brain into thinking you are or might be! It's called "Hysterical Pregnancy" - just like a computer your brain only knows what it knows already or what it is told, so in womens cases where they are FREAKED out about being pregnant or REALLY want to be! They trick the brain into thinking that it IS pregnant! So the brain is like "Well OK! Make her tummy big, make her vomit, etc etc etc" Your body - and even a mans' - can have the EXACT same symptoms of pregnancy as being pregnant! It is a miracle of nature that thought or stress can do this to a body!

Good for you for using a condom and the pill! So please continue doing that! and it will take away virtually ALL chances of you ever becoming pregnant! Also remember this the ONLY way you CAN get pregnant is IF you ovulate at the same time as unprotected sex! So first of all your body would have to ovulate - which 99.2% of the time it doesn't! Then you would have to have unprotected sex on the day or day before you ovulated - which you did - BUT the odds of you ovulating AND it working are VERY minimal to none! The pill creates more of a thicker gel covering the cervix, it creates thinner lining of the uterus, and the no ovulation! So keep that in mind and relax and you period should come on soon!

Also it has been 17 days since the sex, so you would NOT be having such symptoms yet - IF you were pregnant - and i always say wait a good 21 days after the unprotected sex before taking a test - this will DEFINITELY be enough time to show yes or no!

Hope this helps, good luck!

Update: Looking back on my BC from last month I forgot to take it for a couple of days and the day of unprotected sex was one of them :-(. I am horrible with taking it which is not a good thing and I haven't been tricking myself into thinking that I am preggers. Talk to my boyfriend about that one hehe.

Also when would be the best time to test?

Someone please answer.

I tell women to wait a good 21 days after an "oops" so you are well over that - the 21 days is even a LOT but at least its definitive! And sinc e it says NO then it's NO! Also missing a couple of days isn't too much of a big deal - it ALL depends on IF you ovulated in that time period! So to put your mind at ease wait till Friday take another test and this will show you what's going on! And try not to stress! And use a condom ALL the time -- so these things don't happen! Because remember BCP are only about 99.1% effective and that is taking them on time everyday! So pregnancies CAN happen from inadvertant ovulation! Which is the reason why SOME women become pregnant on the pill!