Hi all,
My husband and I are trying to conceive, we've been trying for a few months now. I am very in tune with my body and always have tell tale signs that my period is coming soon (e.g. tender breasts, breaking out, PMS...very typical symptoms.)
My question is if I am experiencing these symptoms does that mean that I am not pregnant and should be experiencing my period soon, or could I still have these symptoms and be pregnant. I understand that every woman's body is different but has anyone out there experienced period-like symptoms before their expected period and ended up being pregnant?

I'm disappointed that I haven't gotten pregnant yet, therefore excuse my impatience.

Well, first off, yes it is verry confusing...I know this because I have been pregnant before, and have had the same symptoms. Also it's confusing like this because pregnancy symptoms are so strongly like period symtoms you will never know until you take a pregnancy test, or go to a doctor to conferm if you are actually pregnant or not. And even if you are pregnant, a lot of woman still get their periods during pregnancy, or you can be pregnant, and experience implantion bleeding, which is just whatever you body has acumulated of a period before you got pregnant, and it releases the older blood from before getting pregnant...either way, pregnant, or having a period, or pregnant with your period, or implantion bleeding from pregnancy...all these things are normal, and nothing to worry about at all. And these symptoms can come from any of these things...to be absolutely sure of pregnancy, go get a test, or get an ultrasound from a doctor...

Well, the kicker is that many of the early signs of pregnancy are also the same symptoms you get before you're about to start your period. Abdominal cramping, bloating, sore breasts, mood swings, pimples... all those kinds of things can indicate either pregnancy OR an impending period. 

Very frustrating, I know!

Some women actually feel different when they are newly pregnant and just KNOW they're expecting. Others, not so much. Personally, after more rounds of false alarms than I care to admit to, I was all "nah, not pregnant" when I actually was pregnant. 

It's all about that missed period, basically. And the positive test, of course.