I am 42 years old and I had three embryos implanted after day three of fertilization. I used donor eggs. I am on day seven and in the last couple of days I've had some cramping, yesterday I cried for an hour, then I was fine, and today I have some minor spotting. My breasts are tender but they have been since I started estrogen. My pregnancy blood test is in one week and the wait is an emotional rollercoaster. If I take a home pregnancy test, will it be accurate or is it too soon? HELP!!!

Hello Anxious42yearold,

I completely know how you feel. I am 30 years old and had two empbryos implanted after day three of fertilization. This is my first IVF cycle. I had 3 IUI prior. Suffer from endomitrosis (stage 3). I am on day 7 after transfer and going out of my mind. I have a scheduled pregnancy test on tuesday (5 more days). I have been feeling alot of blooting, cramping, some tenderness in the nipples. Pass two days feel a bit of nausea, but came and went after a few minutes. Kind of emotional since yesterday. I know that I am driving my husband crazy. I say that your post was in Feb but hope I catch a response. Been really scared about the cramping feeling because it makes me feel that I am actually getting my period and that I am not pregnant. I too have been contiplating whether to take a home pregnancy test. But is it too early? How are you doing?

The fact of the matter is that it's not possible to tell. IVF is one ginormous emotional rollercoaster and of course you are on the lookout for the early signs of being pregnant... more so than other women who are hoping they are pregnant. All the symptoms you describe could be pregnancy symptoms in this case, or a combination of medication side effects and all the emotions and hopes you're going through. 

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the IVF cycle worked for you and that you'll soon find out that things are going exactly as you hoped! In the meantime, just focus on something to do, anything, even healthy nutrition or something, to keep your mind as calm as possible. 

I'm feeling exactly the same way - cramping (I'm on day 8 after day 5 transfer - blood test tomorrow) and it feels a lot like PMS to me. How did it turn out for you? I'm anxious to hear.

Hi - I just found this site and joined. I'm having the exact same feelings. I go in for my blood work tomorrow - did day 5 transfer on 5/24 - and I'm really discouraged. I'm feeling some cramping, and it seems like it's pms type cramping. I've stayed away from the hpt's, but I'm so curious how it turned out for you? I'm hping that you will have good news to report!

Hi, just joined myself and new to this sort of thing. I'm 39 yrs old. This is my second IVF cycle. I'm now on day 7 after a 3 day transfer of 4 embryos. I feel the same symptoms as everyone else...my cramping is quite mild, sore nipples, (especially left) When I first began the progesterone shots, it left me feeling lousy with low grade fever, body aches, headache, tired, cranky, you name it! This has now passed and now I just feel some occasional cramping. Unless the cramping is severe, don't worry about it, it's normal. I keep thinking I should feel more if all is going as planned. I can't get my hands on enough info to give me some insight on what I should be feeling. I know i'm just anxious and don't want the same outcome as the first time. I did take one pg test the first time on day 6 post transfer, was negative but was probably too early as well. According to what I've read, you should be able to detect pregnancy about day 10 pt. I don't think I'll do that again. My pg test is next Monday...7 long days!! Best of luck to you all!!

That's not so far away! Please let us know how you're doing and if the IVF takes for you. I would like to hear more about it if you have information. THanks!

So are you pregnant? Reading your story, similar symptoms as mine. The wait is making me depressed.

Hi,I am on my 13 weeks,i implanted 3 embrios and it took the second time,but i am feeling cramps every day after my 12 weeks,is that normal,my doctor say yes,but i still have doubts,actually the doctor said its normal,because i stop to take the medicatios on my week 12 and i have a little blooding and now just follow the cramps,anyone ever had this experience?please let me know.thank you

Just wondering just done mini ivf only retrieved 1 embryo but it had divided by the 2nd day when they implanted into 4. This is our only chance im not feeling anything getting sick of everyone asking me how im doing, im on day 7 after transfer, am i supposeed to feel anything, notice anything.