What is the eastern view of the cause of acne? I was watching some show on TV where one doctor explained that they see all disorders in the body as the jin and jang energies. I am interested how that is different from western view. Does anyone know?

Traditional Chinese Practitioners, like herbalists or acupuncturists describe acne as "yang rising". In simple terms, means that heat from the organs is raising to the face along with acne sometimes are coming emotional imbalances, hormonal imbalances, etc. because of this "heat". I would most certainly recommend acupuncture to anyone with acne. Acupuncturist completely cleared my sister's skin, but I realized that it's expensive and not always easy to find a skilled acupuncturist. What I know eastern view of the most medical conditions, not just acne are based on jin and jang balance.