I suffered from urethra pain for years, I had no idea what could be causing it. It was a mystery to the doctor as well. Through trial and error I realized sugars and desserts were the cause of my pain. I gave them up for 2 weeks and had no episodes. When I would eat sugar or desserts I would have pain about 45 minutes later that would last up to 3 hours. I told the doctor and was tested for diabetes as well as kidney function test. Those came back normal. I'm not sure why it causes pain, but it is the source.
I can eat natural sugars found in fruit, as well as honey. It seems to be sugar, high fructose corn syrup and especially chocolate. I drink Glaceau Vitamin Water Zero in the mornings and water through out the day. I drink small amounts of Diet Caffeine Free Coke about once a month and it seems to be fine for me.
I am posting this to try to help others with this frustrating symptom. I just found this out 2 months ago and have only had one episode after drinking a chocolate Ensure. I have lost weight and dont have the debilitating pain anymore.

I have the same problem. I was tempted to eat meringue today. Wow! the pain is awful. I'm drinking lots of water until it goes

I am currently experiencing the exact same thing and I am so glad you spoke up about your issue, because now I don't feel alone! I noticed a correlation with sugar and urethra pain, as well.

My experience is the same. I wish I understood why sugar bothers me so much. This is also a new as a result of a UTI. The UTI cleared but it feels like it's lingering every time I eat any sugar such as cookies or drinks.

I have this issue also. I thought it was part of my PMS but realized that is also when I indulge in the most sugar. I'm so glad I'm not alone. I've also seen a urologist who couldn't give me answers.

I have the same thing, my acupuncturist told me to get off all sugar, fruit, carbs, and dairy. I did this and it now only bothers me when I eat sugar found in cookies or pasta sauce. I am taking freeze dried aloe vera capsules and hopefully this will go away one day, can't drink wine or sugary alcohol drinks either, same issue

I too have the same issue with burning after urination I am seeing an acupuncturist who also gives me Chinese herbs to clear the "heat" associated with this symptom. I was told to stay away initially from sugar, dairy, carbs, alcohol and fruit. It cleared right up in about 2 weeks, I had it bad. I ate a baked potato last night and had issues with burning after getting up to pee at night. I take ibupropen to reduce inflammation and I do have on hand the freeze dried aloe vera but trying not to take it since it's expensive and want to give the herbs a chance to heal. This is all part of interstitial cystitis although my acupuncture doc says it's lower burner heat. I've come a long way in a year and will continue to the herbal Chinese route.

I have the same problem. my theory is that bacteria like E.coli that can grow in our urinary tract multiply faster when they are provided with sugar. it enhance their metabolic system. in the process, they secretes enzymes that puncture the tissue that cover the urethral. when urinating, the hot acidic urine, will pass by the small wound and cause burning. it is difficult to treat those bacteria with antibiotic once they are located in our bladder, because the immune system response is limited in those region.

Has anyone been tested for yeast? I had a UTI. Took 2 rounds of antibiotics to kill it, but the antibiotics started a very stubborn, resistant yeast infection. I have the same symptoms with sugar. My Dr has prescribed a strong antifungal to clear the yeast. I'm hoping that helps.

Same sugar-burn for me.

I traced it down to:

White Cane Sugar.
Brown Cane Sugar.
Corn Syrup.
Any product with the above.

Odd thing was, I got a big bag of white sugar that was supposedly grown in some non-mass-produced way...some type of organic or the like. No idea if it was cane sugar, but it looked white and "tasted white".

It bothered me not at all. No burn whatsoever.

Also, I used coconut sugar and no burn.

I can test this again and again with utter repeatability. (Sugar is hard to avoid in America.)

Now I eat like a caveman (meat and veggies)...no urine-burn.

I am experiencing the same thing with the Uretertra pain when I eat or drink something with sugar. The only time I use sugar now is one teaspoon in my coffee in the morning which does not bother me. However, I cannot eat any desserts or drink any alcoholic beverages anymore otherwise the pain is horrible. When this happens I take the over the counter UTI medication which helps stop the burning sensation.

I have the same thing, I was told it was interstitial cystitis. I cannot have the food items that are on the list for this condition. My only issue now is a throbbing, irritated urethra when I eat these foods. I have gotton much better, did have bladder spasms and pain. as I've been seeing a Chinese acupuncturist. She gives me herbs and tells me to stay away from sugar, dairy, carbs, alcohol, fruit, caffeine. So what do I eat? A challenge to be sure. I eat oatmeal with nothing in it and I eat Ezekiel bread which has no sugar, a godsend. Chicken, meat, lots of dark veggies. I use freeze dried aloe vera and drink lots of water. I have lost 25 lbs and I wasn't heavy to begin with. I find that I have had many good days to where I can have a couple of cookies. I pay close attention to what I eat or drink and it's always the next day when I notice a problem, enough time that whatever I ate has had time to go through my system and cause a problem and then I put it on the list to stay away from it. I am keeping a daily diary of how I feel to see if there is some sort of cycle like hormonal I can track. I feel like it's hormonal as I'm 61 yrs old and started having problems with urinary frequency about 5 yrs ago.

I have this same issue. I thought I was crazy

For all of you wondering why this is, it is most likely candida overgrowth. If you get tested vaginally it may not show, because it is something that comes from an overgrowth of the bacteria candida in your stomach and affects many different systems in your body. Candida is naturally occurring in all digestive systems (and vaginas as well), but eating processed flours and sugars makes it get out of balance with the good bacteria and it starts to grow out of control. Eating sugar feeds the candida. It can often be the cause of sugar cravings as well. When you eat sugar, it grows more candida and that can effect the vaginal balance as well. When you stop eating sugar and refined flours, it starves the candida and it goes back to a normal balance.

Even i am facing the same problem. All my reports were normal . I underwent aonography and was detected fibroid. Still when i eat anything which is too sweet i face this problem. Some body please help.