I had 5 teeth extracted (all 4 wisdom teeth included) and I think that was one too many. But, my dentist was like my tooth is not repairable and “extraction is the best”. Is that a lot? Anybody with some experience? How many teeth extractions at once is too much? Hate dentists.

Hi. Soon I will have 7 teeth extracted at once. My teeth are crowded. I will be put to sleep of course, and my dentist said he will do whatever necessary, cleaning, filling, anything. Anyway, how old are you? Before extracting, dentists prefer to wait until the roots of the wisdom teeth are formed. I`ve heard that after an extraction you musn`t spit for 24 hours, or smoke for 48 (because you will get a dry socket)! I`m scared of some possible complications, such as bleeding or infections.

I had (8) wisdom teeth!! All but two were extracted. The two that were not extracted were in problem areas of the lower jaw and the ortho surgeon decided to leave them in. Anyways, I was scared to death on getting my teeth pulled, especially 6 at one time. Once I woke from the surgery I immediately asked the doc if the procedure was a success or not. He told me that it was a success but the next 24 hours would be critical. Currently I am on day 6 and I have had no pain pills since the first day. The only pain that I did experience were in my cheeks. Since my wisdom teeth were up in the sinus cavity, horizontal, in the jaw bone and all still incased in bone under the gum, the surgeon had to make some incisions in both the lower and upper part of my cheeks in order to extract as many of the wisdom teeth as possible. Overall I have been very pleased with the procedure and the healing process and I would encourage you to get your wisdom teeth extracted as soon as possible, if you have not done so already. Do not wait like I did and let them get in such a pinch that if you ever do get them extracted you wont have to leave some of them in due to the dager of what could happen if they do remove the difficult ones.

I am afraid of the dentist because of a bad experience as a child,Iam 75 and need about six teeth extracted but I had a choice of Novacine or something to calm me down.

I'm 75 also but mine left me when I joined the army at 18 and they decided I needed all new teeth. They took the back ones out 10 at a time, 5 up and 5 down on the same side each time. That left 6 up and 6 down in the front. They did those in 2 sessions. I don't remember if it was the top first or the bottom first. They waited a couple weeks between sessions and I went to the PX for a breakfast of eggs and toast a couple days after they took out either the upper or lower front ones while I still had one row still in there. It didn't hurt except for the needles to deliver the Novocain. Those felt like they were trying to push them out the back of my head.

The weirdest thing was for months afterward as bone chips kept working out through the gums. They finished in March and they didn't make the dentures until June. I was in basic training when they removed them and I was in tech school in May when they called us all in for a dental checkup. The dentist was surprised when he found I had no teeth. He said they were supposed to make them before I shipped out from basic. When he began to make them he found I had part of a socket from two of the front teeth that was sticking out under the gum and would be a problem with the dentures. He numbed it up, took a steel rod with a flat end, put it against the gums where that was sticking out and smashed it with a hammer. Then waited a few weeks for that to heal before making the dentures.

Those were the best teeth I ever had made by an army major. Just before I got out they decided I should have some new ones made by a shave tail lieutenant who kept going to the lt. colonel in the chair next to his to see if he was doing it right. Those were the worst ones I ever had. Since then I've had several sets made by civilian dentists which were pretty good. The VA won't make them even though the army took them out and Medicare won't pay for them either so it looks like I will be gumming it when the 16 year old ones I have now wear out.

That was wicked to pull all those good teeth one time.

Ohhhh they weren't good and I was happy to be rid of them. As a teenager I remembered a day without a toothache the way most kids remember a day with one. If I had a day without a toothache I thought God was smiling on me. I could never eat any meat but ground hamburg. After getting the dentures it was heaven to be able to eat steak, an apple or ice. I bought iced drinks just to chew on the ice.

I HAD ALL MY TEETH EXTRACTED...(26) IN A 3.5 HOUR TIME PERIOD. .WITH LOCAL ANESTHESIA. .

Is 8 teeth 2 many to pu at 1 time.could it cayse death

Have you read the 3 previous posts?
READ THEM!

Is everything fine after getting all ur tooth extracted?
Any future problems?

How was the pain??

Am 21years old

5 in a row upper right side. Local Pain Killer.... It hurt, I put some rum in the freezer and 8 hours after the surgery ... I may have drank a bit too much. Typing this from the floor as I am afraid of getting all the way up into a chair. have another couple pulled tomorrow morning. I am 66 and it is more of a psychological problem than pain... there is pain ... i need more rum.

I am to have 5 teeth extracted at the end of the month. I am dreading it, 4 of them are broken and rotten down to the gum so really need them removed to start enjoying eating again. any advice on pain management?