Can someone tell me what ecchymoses is? I heard some people talking about it and the word is stuck in my head. Is this some kind of bruising? Maybe this question will sound funny to someone, but I would really like to know more about it.

A bruise, contusion or ecchymosis is a kind of injury, usually caused by blunt impact. In this injury the capillares are damaged, allowing blood to seep into the surrounding tissue. They often induce pain but are not dangerous. However, bruises can be serious and lead to hematoma and be associated with serious injuries like fractures and internal bleeding. Minor bruises are recognized by their characteristic blue or purple color. If bruising is severe, complications may arise. And excess fluid may accumulate. This forms a hard lump called a hematoma. Also, swelling may be severe, including pain as a serious problem. Impacts that cause severe bruising can also cause other serious damage. Impacts to the torso can damage internal organs, not to mention the seriousness of the impacts to the head. You question is not funny and I hope that you are happy with my answer.