Hello. I am a guy 35 years old and I have a father that has kidney stone and he will have to operate it because it is too big. He will do just fine, but right now I am interested in something else. Can a kid have kidney stones? I have heard a story about it, and I am not sure if it is true. I thought that only old people can have kidney stones.

People usually think that only adult persons get kidney stones. That is not true. There is increased number of cases of kidney stones in children in places with a warmer climate and in children that have inborn defects of the urinary tract. There are uric and kidney stones, and children can have both types. Hope I helped.

HI .YES CHILDREN CAN DEFINATLY GET STONES. MY 19 YEAR OLD GOT HIS FIRST AT THE AGE OF 3.IT WAS HUGH. THEY CALLED IT A STAGHORN. HES BEEN ON POTASSIOM CITRATE EVER SINCE AND TAKING 6 LARGE PILLS A DAY FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE. :'( STILL GETTING STONES REGULARY. HE HAS SOMTHING CALLED CYSTINEURIA. IM STILL LOOKING FOR SOMTHING TO TRY TO HELP HIM. I JUST READ THAT RED TEA CALLED ROOIBOS HELPS CLEAN THE KIDNEYS.