I've had my daughter on Echinacea purpurea for over a year now. I'd say 3 months on and two weeks off. She has a rare condition called Shwachman-Diamond Syndrome which main characteristics are pancreatic problems and neutrapenia. When she's off the Echinacea p., abscesses set in more and ear infections occur. She’s been quite healthy since I started her on Echinacea. I was wondering is there anybody who tried Echinacea purpurea. I would like to share experiences.

Echinacea purpurea is also called "nature's antibiotic". It stands to reason that maybe it would be more effective if only taken when necessary. The best way to use Echinacea is the method referred to by others, taken when "exposed" or when you "feel something coming on". I've never taken Echinacea purpurea on continuously, but if I start feeling crummy, you know like I might be coming down with something. I pop three capsules about every two hours, maybe four. I feel much better the next day. I don’t know if Echinacea p. is really what's doing it, but I think I only caught one minor cold last year.