Recently I have been experiencing an electric shock sensation up my left arm in to my chest which is causing me trauma. It doesn't happen to often but I have experienced it twice in the last 2 days. It feels like an electric current of some 2000volts has been passed up my arm, resulting with a pain in my chest. I will obviously consult my GP, but have you come across this before.
Many thanks.

You should get checked for multiple sclerosis

Hello there Viking,

I sincerely hope that you had just some mild pain in your joints and nothing serious such as MS. My mother has been diagnosed with MS few years back and unfortunately it has started in similar way, with the burning sensation in her arms and neck. Luckily her symptoms are not that severe but the doctor has warned us to pay attention for the symptoms that will yet to come.

This is autoimmune disorder which unfortunately can’t be cured and the medications which my mother is taking are just helping in relieving the symptoms. We have also using propolis for the same reasons and it seems to us that this works for now. I wish you good luck.

A

did you ever find out what was causing this?

seeking answers..... I describe the sensation as a million bees stinging..it begins (always) in the palm of my hand; it travels up my arm, into my right breast..up my neck to my ear then down the right side of my back and normally stops at my hip.  On one occasion, it has traveled further down my leg.    This marches to the beat of my heart and it is a horrible throbbing sensation that lasts 3-10 minutes.       This has been occuring  over almost 2 years.   My family doctor referred me to a neurologist.  He ordered an EEG and a MRI to rule out MS and a tumor (I suppose the two more serious problems).     Both tests were denied by my insurance company (probably because the doctor's office coded it as "neck pain".   The insurance company responded I should have therapy   (for what??????).   Since January, I have had 8 such episodes.    This is such a wierd sensation, even after the episode has passed.  The tissue that the sensation has travelled feels numb afterwards.     Any ideas?       

Don't go to the extreme worst worry, it's usually the simple resolution that will explain it. If you are active and under 60 you are probably experience ing minor nerve damage, your nerves are mis- firing due to over lifting or over working your upper body. Take B Complex and train yourself to sleep on your back. It could take up to a year of taking it easy for your nerves in your arm to heal. Same thing happened to me, I hyper extended my left arm when we moved. I'm 55, fit but noticed numbness when I slept, I'm a side sleeper. Nerve damage takes time.

I have the same problem. It happens especially when I bend over. My research found that it could be coming from a pinched nerve in the neck area. I will ask my doc about it my next appt. if you find out please post it!

Absolutely get checked for MS, I get the same thing and have MS! But that's not to say it could be one of a million things, but get checked out!

Thank you I think you answered my question. Left arm only and just the slightest of tingling First time it ever happened was today

I'm not the person whom you relied but wanted to thank you for the advice ☺

I have been getting the same thing. With alot of other stuff. Dizziness, light headed, off balance. Really sick (comes and goes) hot and colds, "electric current" in my arm and when that happens it does something to my eyes (jitters). Diarrhea the last 2 months. Went to the doctors they said vertigo but it's been a week and nothing really has gone away with the medicine they gave me. Helpppp..... praying it's not m.s but in the mean time is there anything I can do to help. I can't do this much longer. So stressful....

Hi my question would be more so if the person caught in a car fire.Due to electrical issues could that be a increase chances of damaged tissues or pinch nerve

I have read that DBD oil helps with MS.

Just a note of encouragement for anyone reading this. You CAN deal with this longer than you think. You have to stay strong. I’ve been having severe nerve pain, twitches, etc for almost 3 years. I’ve been to Duke and to Mayo Clinic still without a diagnosis. I’m just taking it day by day.
Trust me ... with God’s love, you can make it further than you think.

How do you use propolis? In which form?