:-( I'm 21 and have been noticing bumps coming up on my vagina when ever i shave no matter what i've used. These bumps got bigger and alot more until i was really getting worried. I visited a doctor who told me they were keloids and to get rid of it she will have to inject them each. I'm really afraid of injection but i'm really embarass of these keloids. Because of this i'm afraid to have sex with my boyfriend of three years. I really need to get rid of them and wish there was another way than injection.

Is it on the labia majora (outer lips) or labia minora (inner lips)? I want to get labiaplasty but I'm prone to keloids... I was worried about this. :| But if I get labiaplasty, they're only going to snip the labia minora... could I get keloids there, too?

I have a keloid already too. Injections are a pain in the ass because I've been doing this FOREVER and they haven't fully gone away. How many do you have?

And um... since Im prone to keloids, should I stop shaving down there? Have you just started shaving? Or did they just all of a sudden show up out of no where?

As far as labiaplasty- I had no complications with mine and don't ever regret it!

As far as shaving or not to add more or less keloids, what about waxing?
Worth a shot? idk...

good luck!

How about using a chemical depilatory cream like Nair? Sure it'll burn a bit after the first several uses, but after a while, your skin will be able to tolerate it, especially if your skin is upping it's collegen (which causes the keloids) whenever it's nicked from shaving. A plus to using a chemical depilatory cream is it leaves the area smooth as a baby's butt & brings forth blood to the area (sometimes giving it a flushed look akin to when sexually stimualted).

A more permanent & costly method is the use of electrolysis.

And don't over-worry about your boyfriend might think your scars are unsightly or weird because as seeminly obsessed w/ vaginas as most males are, most have never really taken time to visually inspect (& appreciate the beauty) of a woman's vagina. That's the sad truth.

Hun i thought i was the only one. I also have Keloids from shaving when i was a kid worst thing i could have dome. I had something like a tummy tuck for mind it worked very well but i did not go get my shots and they came back after a while. Did u ever find something that worked i would like to know so i could try it.

if you form keloids, wax is not the solution!
i have had to stop waxing due to keloid formation. mine are fairly small and developed over 5 years or so of waxing. at this point, it looks kinda like my bikini line has a sprinkling of mostly flat, pretzel-salt sized moles.
my biggest concern is what to do about hair removal. i am accustomed to brazilian waxing and am freaking out that i can't get that perfectly smooth and clean feeling. if shaving can cause keloids, i won't be resorting that. are depilatories and electrolysis the only options?

as far as the keloids, i read that there is some technology involving the use of silicone gel sheets to flatten and fade the bumps. maybe that would help.

Well actually i thought i was the only one who had this but apparently not. I am on the shots for my keloids and they are painful but it does work. They are starting to soften up and become smaller. I have done two session and one of them is almost gone. It has to be done every 6 weeks. The injection pain is really hurtful. They recommend that you do a close trim around those areas and not shave because it can cause more keloids and actually make them bigger and worse. There is this cream that they prescribe to you, but it does not have the same effects as the injection. They will not be able to do surgery because they fear it might come back but much bigger, my best suggestion is try the injection once and if you cant take the pain then do the cream. The only reason why i tolerate the injection is because i got a clitoris piercing. I use to be very embarrassed with my boyfriend but he completely understand and is use to it. I actually got mines when i was a young child. GOOD LUCK

OMGosh! I swore I was the only one in the world with the embarrassing keloids. I think I initially got the keloids from shaving when I was younger. I noticed it pop up but, thought it would go away. It got worse and I noticed it was there permanently. I eventually got shots for them which caused a lightening of the skin in the areas where the keloids were but, I was just glad they were gone. However, they came back up over time and I decided to just give up about it. I am very self conscious and embarrassed about it when it comes to sexual encounters and it's overall appearance personally so, I'm going to look into having them removed once again. I once tried to ask a previous dermatologist about it and he freaked out about it and said that's something that should be taken care of by an OBGYN so, I immediately left with no hope of finding much resolve. I recently made an appointment with a new dermatologist so I hope this doctor will be able to help me with my situation.

MysteryLady wrote:

I once tried to ask a previous dermatologist about it and he freaked out about it and said that's something that should be taken care of by an OBGYN so, I immediately left with no hope of finding much resolve. I recently made an appointment with a new dermatologist so I hope this doctor will be able to help me with my situation.

Your dermatologist was an id**t! When I showed my doctor mine, he sent me to a dermatologist and she was the one who helped me. Maybe he thought it was something else, but he's still an id**t. I have one that's pretty apparent and I also feel embarrassed when it comes to sex with new partners. Injections cost too much on my college student budget so I've also been looking for a less expensive way to solve my problem. Best wishes to you...

I am so relieved to hear others have vaginal keloids! I have become so depressed about mine. I feel like a freak an have shut down to new relationships. I am looking into laser or cryotherapy cause Injections & removing them did not work, they came back bigger.

I got the chicken pox when I was 5 years old. Woke up one morning and there was a keloid on my vagina. I had mine removed and it grew back ike twice the size. So when I was 6 years old they removed it again and then had me do 3 days of radiation afterwards and it never grew back.

I am 22 years old now. I use Nair like hair removeal remeidies down there to get rid of hair. I am really super careful though to make sure my hair bumps don't get out of control. But i haven't had any more problems down there with keloids since...you might want to check out surgery and radiation...toally worth it!

Good Luck!!!

I thought I was alone. Even the lady that waxed me said she had never seen it :/ I have two right at my bikini line. They were not bothersome until a couple days ago, now a little annoying and red around the keloids. I DONT WANT INJECTIONS!!!|-OIs there an option to just leave them alone? Will they get bigger?

I am a firm believer in accupuncture. 'i had one forming down there & in a panic went to my lady Dr. She told me to just deal with it & not irritate it or it will get worse. She did not offer a solution other than that & assured me it was not cancerous, but that it's possible to grow larger if irritated, by touching or shaving. Those answers did not satisfy me. I made many phone calls & finally got a good suggestion... Accupuncture. Well, let me tell you, it worked! After only one treatment I noticed less pain, after two treatments it started to get smaller. A total of 4 treatments & it's gone. Some accupuncturists even take insurance so try to get a referral from your Dr. It's worth a try & if it doesn't improve, the experience of accupuncture is still amazing. Holistic healing is my main resource now.

Hi, thanks for the info. May I know if the accupuncture was done on the effected area (vaginal keloit) or it can actually be done by did it on other part of your body to heal your keloit please? Thank You