Hi. I had abortion 2 weeks ago. My friend told me abortion can cause endometriosis. Is that true? Will I be able to have kids? I am really worried.

Hi. Abortion can`t cause endometriosis, but it may increase the risk of adenomyosis, which is a disease related to endometriosis. Women who have never been pregnant can get endometriosis. Abortion can cause scaring inside of your uterus and prevent pregnancy. However, this is very rare and unusual. Some women can`t stay pregnant after abortion because of certain complication, caused by procedure (such as infection). My Mom had an abortion when she was 25 and she gave birth at the age of 27.

ABORTION nowadays does not cause scar tissue like it did "back in the day". We use suction aspiration for abortion, they used to use "scraping style' d&c.

Infertility with abortion is caused by infections, which are rare today.

I have had 3 abortions, and I assure you I am NOT infertile, and I do not have endometriosis or any other health problems.

I have a friend who is experiencing infertility since her abortion, and what I've read is that risks are higher than I would have thought. So, you'd better look around more, talk to a few doctors if you want to get a straight answer. It's a highly politicized topic, so people don't want to reveal the down side -- so you need to find a medical professional who is going to be straight with you.
Here's one of things I read:
http://infertility.suite101.com/article.cfm/the_dangers_of_abortion

Best of luck to you.

I don't believe it should. However, I know a few women who have had abortions (a few have had 2+ abortions) and some of them struggle with this problem.

i had abortion one time, 3 months later i was diagnosed with ovarian endometrioma. i believe the abotion caused it, because after i had the abortion, i bled for 2 days, then the bleeding stopped, after 1 week the bleeding came back out of the blue, and this time it was blood and clots, the clots were so big and thick like very thick pudding and about the size of a quarter and sometimes about 1and half inches long. i freaked out and called my doctor. ever since i always felt this pulling sensation in my lower abdomen, like something was pulling my uterus down up until i found out i had the cysts.

i think for some women abortion does cause complications or maybe the doctors during the procedure inadvertetly push tissues upwards towards the tubes while trying to get all the embryo out, the remaining blood stays, somes comes out (sporadicaly in my case) and which ever is left behind upwards does cause endo.

now i am on birth control and praying it doesnt come.

No, absolutely not, abortion DOES NOT cause endometriosis!!

Wow. 3? Why so many?

use birth control.

Mind your own business

Shame your mom didn't