I NEED A HYSTERECTOMY.. JUST HAD ENDOMETRIOSIS SURGERY IN JULY.. THE DOCTOR SAID THAT I SHOULDNT BE HAVING PROBLEMS AND I NEED THE HYSTERECTOMY.. HE WANT TO REMOVE THE UTERUS AND ONE OVERY... HIS REASON IS TO LEAVE ONE IN FOR HORMONES...IM 33YEARS OLD WITH FOUR CHILDREN... WHAT WOULD THE EFFECT BE IF I HAD HIM DO A TOTAL HYSTERECTOMY.. OTHER THAN OSTEO. AND HOT FLASHES IF I DIDNT WANT HORMONE PILLS.... AND CAN I INSIST ON REMOVAL OF BOOTH OVARIES..

It is my understanding that it is better to remove both ovaries. Endometriosis according to my doctor, feeds from estrogen. The hormone replacement thereapy at our age produces less estrogen to the body than our own ovaries. I am scheduled for a total LVAH on 09/11 and I am 34 years old. All due to endometriosis too. As my endometriosis has gotten worse, I have also faced a gluten allergy and numerous gastroinstinal problems. My doctor is taking everything out. Good luck to you and I would push to have it all removed. My sister in law experienced the same thing and they left one of her ovaries in. The endometriosis ate it up and she also had numerous pain and cysts. She said that with one ovary left in, she felt no different other than crazy. She just had the other ovary removed 2 months ago and she is finally pain free!

I would not know what to tell you I think its a choice you have to decide yourself I can tell you i'm in the same boat and the decision is very painful to make

What did you end up deciding? Sometimes it helps someone to hear what someone else has decided to help them make their mind up better. Let us know okay?