I am 42, had a hysterectomy (I still have both ovaries) at 31 following several years of painful endometriosis and one pregnancy. For the past 5 years I have suffered sever lower back pain which has been investigated by 'back' consultants but they have found no evidence of any spinal problems. I think it is the endometriosis having returned but my doctor says it can't happen! Please can anyone help? :-(

You need to find new doctors and fast. I had the same thing happen to me, I had a partial hysterectomy when I was 25 and continued to have back pain and gradually the pain crept back up to where it was before the hysterectomy. I finally found someone who knew what they were talking about and they discovered that both my ovaries were COVERED in ovarian cysts and that I still had endometriosis all throughout my abdominal cavity. Endometriosis can attach itself to any tissue in the body. It can essentailly glue your organs together. Keep pushing for answers. I ended up having my ovaries removed 7 years, 7 months and 7 days after my first hysterectomy. The other thing that can cause pain is scar tissue ALSO it is common for women with endometriosis to get Intercystital cystitsis which is a bladder diesease and the symptoms are very close. Go find a good gyn and get checked out by a urologist as well. Find a gyn that specializes in endo if none in your area try ur closest teaching hospital. Good luck, it can get better I promise. :-)

If anyone knows the original poster of this message please get her the information quickly. I went through what she is going through for 7 years and the thought of someone else having to go through all of that for no reason is making me sick to my stomach.

I had a hysterectomy on 1/30/2007 due to endometriosis. I still have back pain. I also have a lump on my left side at my incision site. It is very painful and interferes with love making with my husband. What could it be? I don't see my OB/GYN till November. I hope someone can help me.

I had a total hysterectomy 10 days ago and my back pain disappeared for a week after my surgery but now it's back. It's very painful. Has anyone ever had this and I just need to give it time.

I am 23 and I had a partial hysterectomy in Sept of 2010 and every sense I received the surgery I have had severe lower back pains as well. Its frustrating because I am so young and I also have small children that require my attention. So what is the best thing to do to help with the pain?

I have had low back pain for 20 years, I'm finally having a hysterectomy.  My back pain is from the Endometriosis...my doctor agrees.  I also have bowel problems and had a Colonoscopy several years ago that showed something trying to penetrate thru my colon in 2 spots...we think it's the Endo, also may have to have some solon removed if it's in my colon!  It's not fun and realyly bad if no one believes you.  Bst of luck!

Thats not true! I had a hystocectomy in 2005 ( still have 1 ovary) and just today found out I need surgery again to remove the ovary because endomitriosis has come back!! GET 2ND OPINION QUICK!

im 42 had a complete hysto 5 years ago the back pain is still unbarable.... i thaught it was due to lifting but i guess not what do i do

Hi i had a hysterectomy in 2011, i still have my overies but im getting really bad back pain lower, i also cant empty my bladder properly i was diagnosed with adenamiosis hence the hysterectomy... im in so much pain i have gone through so many scans please any one why is this happining lower back pain raidiating to the lower abdo

I had to write a post, i had a hysto done back in 2008, i have been in pain with lower back since, im talking i wake to pain and cry before i can get out of bed. Please everyone, look into adhesions! Doctors will not tell u about this, it is where your organs get stuck together and in some cases will attach with a nerve in between the stuck organ or wall. I was unable to walk due to a major nerve that was caught, a week after they released it, i was walking with no pain. Adhesions are very common!! Only thing is, each surgery can cause more...its a catch 22. I just had laproscopic surgery done again for this, this time for horrendous back pain...it worked for a few weeks, unfortunately this time i am back in pain, the doc did say he released a LOT of them, i believe there is some that may have been missed. I do however recommend that any woman who  has pain should look into adhesions ..its a simple operation, 4 small holes. It could possibly save u from years of unwanted pain.

A hysterectomy does not cure endometriosis. Please do NOT let any doc tell you this is true.  If they do, they no nothing about the disease and can easily get up on the research if they took their job seriously.  The only thing that helps is to remove the lesions and adhesions wherever they may be found in the peritoneal cavity.  Removal of the ovaries will most likely work too, but that is serious stuff putting you into immediate menopause (not gradually like what naturally happens).  Don't be fooled ladies. Do your research! 

I had my hysterectomy 3 years ago and started experiencing back pain 3 months ago.  The pain has worsened since and has affected my mobility.  I have some good days but mostly bad.  I have pain with bowel movements and emptying my bladder.  It's very hard to deal with especially when nobody around you understands.  I made an appt with an endo specialist so I'm praying for the best. I'm a nurse and have been out of work since my pain started and I'm anxious rot get back.  It is just nice to read these post of women who understand this pain. God Bless all of u!

I didn't / don't have endo but have the back pain. The loss of pelvic support caused by hysterectomy leads to spine compression and back pain down the road.

I am 40 years old and had a partial hyster in December 2012. The endo was so severe that the doctor could not remove everything she wanted because the endo had "fused" onto my bowels. Now it is almost a year later and I still have severe lower back pain! Plus I have gained 30 pounds. UGH! (Not to be a total complainer because the hyster really helped the pain I was in). Does anyone have any advice for the pain?