This is new to me so if anyone can give me any advice it will be greatly appreciated.

I have been dating this girl for several months now; it was one of those relationships that started with love at first site. We both knew we would end up marring the other. The relationship was going perfect, I mean perfect. We spoke every morning, every afternoon and evening. She’s was under some stress, so once to twice a week I would go to her place and have dinner ready for her. She would spend weekends with me and my children, we were always happy, not even one single disagreement. She kept telling me I was the love of her life and how wonderful, safe and comfortable she was with us. She said she needed that balance in her life. I guess it was too good to be true. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

She eventually told me she was bi-polar and on Depakote.  One night we were siting talking about planning the wedding, the very next day I called her after work and she exploded on me, I mean did a complete 360. Every single thing that we had spoken about or done over the past months all of a sudden became a horrible experience for her. Relaxing at my place over a long weekend became holding her hostage and forced her to clean. Going shopping turned into forcing her to cook. She never spent a single dime, I covered everything except one day she took me to a movie for my birthday that turned into what a horrible person I was and a bad date since I made her pay for everything when I knew she had no money. She cut her finger cutting celery and we ended up in the ER. That episode turned into I was chasing her around the house with a knife and she put her hand up to defend herself. Five people were there and witnessed what really happened. I am now the most pathetic person in the world and she wishes me dead.

I know most of the responses would be “run”, but I’m not that kind of person. Is there anything I can do to help her? How long can this last? What can I do, I’m still crazy about her.

im bi-polar.... its not tht we mean all this to happen, it just dous, we just need patience and if ur crazy about her accept her and yea i know some people would just break it like that but i got a gf that is just like tht she gets mad at me for the ridiculous stuff... not the best match eith two bi-polar but yet we understand eachother, she will explode in the future but u also notice the sudden change in her mood the nxt minute, sometimes they even act like nothing has happened... and yes you will need so muh patience but u love her right? dont worry bout it then... get her back

I myself am bi-polar girl & I majored in clinical psychology to understand more about this 'plague'. My case is not as severe, but trust me, I understand it well & I can see how confusing & intimidating this sudden change must be for you. As you spend more & more time with her you will see this many, many times---increasing in frequency. How long has she been on this current medicine? This is a very strong med & that tells me that her case is not mild. Does she seek any counseling? She really should....& do it before getting married...which should not be rushed into either!! This disorder stained my marriage drastically...! Be prepared to soon see a totally flip side of her, as though nothing at all had happened & that may be the case for the moment---until the next moment. What you must understand about this disorder is that nothing the person is feeling at the moment is fabricated...they really feel that way at that moment, & how long the moment will last is unpredictable. Its like Jackle & Hide, really! There is a lot of mood fluctuation with this & it causes massive instability & sudden turmoil. It is a challenge to deal with this, especially if one is not familiar with it. Things will start changing from day to day eventually....trust me!!! I suggest that you read up on this. Most importantly, make sure that she takes her med everyday, as directed, because I know from my experience that this flares up with a vengeance if med is skipped. I hope this helps & I wish you strength to deal with it & LOTS of patience. Btw, try to not have your kids exposed to this manic-depressive syndrome, if you can help it. But...please don't rush into anything serious just because the waters seem calm for the moment. Good luck!

Hi, I was involved with a very beautiful woman diagnosed with, bi polar, body dimorphic, split personality disorder, and ADD. well all you can do is get off the emotional roller coaster, stop smocking pot with them, this triggers these episodes, distance yourself as a lover and return to a unconditioned friend, this way maybe you can save your life and hers. I had to have her institutionalized after smoking pot with a friend of hers, she tried to commit suicide. She did not drink or smoke dope for 8 years. in those 8 years, you could set your watch by the time of year and the date ie. Spring, fall, Christmas, and new year. Having said all this the good time were great , the bad times were horrid, I did not drink or drug in all the time together, Married for 3 years on meds, not me, her, they Knocked her right out at 8 o clock---My girl was gone, I asked her to talk to the shrink, to lower the meds, She went to Him and talked about me, He told her to leave me, on Tuesday, she was gone Thursday. I Divorced her Friday. She then lost her job of 14 years, live with a convicted Pedophile, moved 9 times, lost her car, she has had 6 by friends, lived in woman's shelters, Now thank god she is in assisted Housing for the mentally ill, she is still alive, smoking dope, drinking, taking her meds and reading rehab books??? she has 2 daughters and one grandson, they still love her, It is a heart breaking riddle, now if you are not prepared to be her guardian angle, run, I an still her friend and emotional rock, this has cost me thousand of dollars, over the 10 year relation ship-------the highs, very high, the lows, gut wrenching, I did anger management at a woman's transition house, I wrecked a 48 thousand dollar SUV. after a verbal fight until 4 in the morning and I had to play golf at 730am, I hit a ditch, late for the golf date. O yes she could have 4 dates at a funeral. But she was insanely jealous of Me??? I still love and care about her, but I can not car for her, she has to learn through Pain and Suffering, all I can do is support and up lift Her.---------I met her at 34yrs of age, she is now 44yrs of age, she has moved 16 times and has had 8 boyfriends, all gone bad. She is now in Social assisted Housing, and on a Mentally Disability Pension. rides the Bus and receives free meds and medical marijuana??? Now having said all this, bi polar is a form of schizophrenia, schizophrenia is a Cat Born Disease, received from the cat feces, when the baby is little, ie. liter box, Rugs, couch, etc.-------It is passed on from mother to baby. -------Her father was institutionalized at 30 with schizophrenia. all her sisters are effected. -------So be the guardian angle ----------Or Run