Hey guys My bi polar girlfriend broke it off again about 2 months ago.The fourth time this year.We do seem to have good contact all the same though I'm really giving her space.The thing is at this stage I find I am always questioning my own feelings now.One minute I feel I love her and the next I'm not sure.There is another woman in my life flirting with me but a part of me is always telling me that what I really want is to try and make things work with my bi polar ex.I dont know whether I genuinely dont love my ex now or whether I cant feel the love I had for her because all the hurt from the break ups has masked my feelings.Although I have no regrets about my ex and I still care for her at least.I just wanna know has anyone been in my position and what did they discover over time?How dom people in these relationships cope?

Hi Jimbob1982,

I'm going through a very similar situation with my long time boyfriend "K". It really is hard maintaining a relationship with someone who changes like the wind, I know, but it can be done. The key is a strong communication foundation (Are you hip to what sets her off? and things of that nature.) However, if this is the fourth time you two have called it quits in one year, maybe it's best to lay low for awhile. Space isn't always the be all end all of relationships, sometimes it's just space. And maybe that's exactly what you need to reevaluate your feelings about her and the entire situation if you're having doubts. I'm not saying to not be friends, I'm just saying take sometime for yourself guy. Try something new; I said something, not someone, jumping right into another relationship might not be the smartest move, especially when you still have feelings for your ex. In other words if you want to keep this flirty thing going with your other lady friend, keep it light, and make sure she understands that's how you want it.

Good luck Romeo,

The Red Fox

PS- If you feel as though "all the hurt from the break ups has masked my feelings" maybe you should talk to the one you love about it, when you're ready for that, you know?

Thank you very much indeed threadfox.That is a very encouraging and uplifting positive thing to say.It gives me hope.Sat night was awquard cos this flirty one that I'm friends with asked me to go somewhere with herself and some group we're all friends with and I refused cos I didnt wanna lead myself into any situation with her that I'd regret cos I no if I did that I'd never forgive myself if my ex wanted to come back and today is just one of those days where I feel I love her again but I dunno what the next hour will bring or next day.Well Sat night anyway it turned out that after I deciding to stay in that I wound up havin a nice fun casual chat wit my ex on FB.Nothing too heavy at all just casual fun.

I'm very glad to hear my response gave you a more positive outlook on the situation and that your saturday ended with a pleasant surprise:) Just know that in the end, I'm sure it'll all work out for the best. Keep your head up!

I know its been a long time since your post but I was wondering how things have turned out for you?