I have been with a Woman for 9 months now,She has told me she is bi-Polar and i never really realized what that Meant.In the Nine months,we have Broken up 4 times,the most recent was Last week.When this happens im noticing a Pattern,it Begins with My House or me,She gets irritated at the smallest things,She then will tell me she is going to hurt me and we need to call this off,She then will tell me she is going to cheat on me and there is no way she can be faithfull.We then go into this Attitude like i have never seen Before on any Human being.As far as I know she takes Meds for this and after researching it i find that the amount of time she is happy with us,around 1 to 4 weeks is common,then we go into the i can do nothing Right Mood,She will also Down grade herself,say some of the most Hurtfull things i have ever heard To Me.Tells me she needs her space,Then after a Week or so we go back to the Love mood.We have never been Intimate unless She is drinking,She has never said i love you till she is drinking,Then she will tell me how no man Has ever loved her or been as understanding as i have been to her.Now im Researching Bi-polar and from what i am reading she is a text Book case of Bi-Polar.What i cant Find out is if this disease is Permanent,I Know she has been Abused since she was a young Girl.She is 55 Years old Now and separated from her husband of 28 years for over a year Now.Matter of fact two weeks ago was the first time she told him about us and asked for a Divorce.So i guess my Question is,Am i going to be able to bring her to a better place by loving her like she says no one else Has,or Am i Spinning my wheels and need to get away from her although i love her like i have never loved a Woman before?All Advice is Appreciated!

i think that her disease shouldnt be a problem if you love her then at least try to make her a better person and as long as she takes her meds shes fine riqht?

so just make sure she takes them and you guys should be happy toqether...

wish you the best of luck!

That is What im not Understanding Mrs Monkey,She takes her Meds but Every Time we start Getting Really Happy and i let my Guard down,Then she will Call us Quits.Is That Normal for a Bi-Polar?If I continue Loving Her and wait,will it End?

its not normal for her to be like that the meds are suppose to calm her down...

have you tried talking to her maybe shes afraid of fallling in love...

try telling her how you feel...

tell her that its not always going to be like that tell her that your getting hurt...

i think that if you dont tell her anything and you continue loving her then she wont even try to change because im sorry but i think its her...

if shes taking the meds then she should be like that...

the guest was me i forgot to login...

*shouldnt be like that

sorry

Yes ive Tried Talking to Her,She goes ballistic,Ive Told her im in love with her and her response is im too loving and she is going to hurt me,so she might as well get it over with now.This is the fourth time this has happened.I just Dont know anymore what to do about this,it is the third day since she called it off again and this time she she just wants to be my Best Friend.I may have to walk away to keep my Sanity.

Another thing i dont know if it is How Bi-Polar works but last week we went to wal-mart and she bought a bunch of stuff for my House to make it more liveable for her(She lives with her Mother).She was Calling it our house,Then a Few days Later she did the switch thing and now its My House once more and she wants nothing to do with it.God if i didnt love her so much i would be Mad.

aww i think that its nice that u love her that much...

does she go with a doctor for a regular check up?

if she does then u should go with her maybe you can talk to her doctor...

its normal for her to be like that...

it all comes with the bi polar disease i have a cousin like that and she does the same thing first she wants something and in a few days she wants something else...

thats the way she is going to be all the time...

try talking to her mother maybe she can answer a few questions...

Thank You for the Advice,I will Try to talk to Mom.She is pretty much Fed up with the way she is acting,Matter of fact they just had a big fight last week.The reason i posted is i have a few people telling me the way she is acting has more then just Bi-Polar behind it,it looks like they may be wrong.

Well,i just had a conversation with My lady herself and she says she just wants to be my Best friend,Nothing More.So i told her I cant do that,I love her and if we can only be friends then im Breaking it off all the way,Maybe i screwed up but this sounds like something More then Bi-Polar.Thanks for the Help!

My boyfrind is bipolar 2 and he just left, saying he just wants to be best friends... But he's been acting so distant. We've been togrther a long time, I dont get mad or yell at him, but he yells at me often then goes back to saying how much he loves me and wants to be with me forever. We've broken up before, but never for more then 3 days and this time he says he loves me but not romanticaly, he's not acting like he loves me in ANY way, and he stoped talking to me as much. He'd email and text LITERALY at least every 2 to 3 hours and we'd talk until hours. It's down to once a day if even, and I really want to know if people who are bipolar come back... I just want my best friend back, and the guy I love so unconditionaly... I've always been there, and I'm trying to be strong... So I don't hurt him anymore... But I keep bursting into tears when he won't even accept a hug anymore... I'm lost. He's not on medication, he is depressed probably 50% of the time and rarely hits a minia, and it doesnt last too long. He gets mad but I can tell when he's "normal" (though I'd never call him otherwise) and he takes responsibility for it. He's so sweet and he was SO open with me, as I was with him, but he says he cant take it anymore, the pain, suffering, paranoia that I'm cheating (though I've never shown any signs of disloyalty, and I've NEVER cheated on him) and he no longer feels the same love for me... God, I just want the boy back and make him feel safe again, he's been so... off... cold... numb... and hiding how he feels like it's suddenly embarrasing for him :( Think he'll come back...? I've done all I could, but if anyone has advice I'll go further. I've gone through hell and back every week if not more, but for some reason I can manage as long as he's still with me... ANYTHING I can do, ANY advice... And if anyone else out there has bipolar 2, or some form of bipolar, and you can what my ex boyfriend feels... How would you want me to act if you were him?

That is common. I suffer from slight bipolar disorder and I can try and shine some insight into her thinking. When we get too happy we laps into feeling that you'll leave surely, no one would love a person so disfunctional so broken. So we have to leave first. If we make the choice then we can curb the blunt of the emotional blow. Save you from ourselves. She may have different excuses to destroy her happieness but they all have the same out come. Isolation. It is self destructive and full of despair. She may need to go to therapy for her abuse, this will help her find some self worth and help her gain tools to notice when her emotions start to shift. I know it helped me a great deal. Her doctor may be able to suggest a good place.
As for what you can do, since I know that loved ones suffer most from this behavior and they always ask what can be done, love her. Reassure her, be constant, be consistant, be aware. Small things will make the difference. Tell her shes beautiful and compliment her. Sex will be an obstacle, work through it with her. It will take time and patience on your part. But its do able. She has been hurt, scar'd in places that will be hard to reach, to see.

I wish you both the best. I hope this helps even a little bit and that she comes to find that she is more then this disorder. Never loose Hope. Hug.

Tats what yoouu get for messing around with a married woman.