Hello, I am a 21 year old male who is having frequent panic attacks due to the medical condition I've been in as of late. About a month ago I was experiencing extreme testicular pain due to what was diagnosed as Epiditymitis and was sent home with 10 days worth of Doxycycline and Relafen. Three days into the medication it seemed to be working however around 6th 7th and 8th day it progressively got worse. I went back to the doctor and he prescribed me Relafen again along with Cipro for another 10 days. Slowly as time progressed the testicular problem cleared up (it still hurts from time to time but a considerable improvement) however, I started to feel more and more nauseous.
Then I noticed a lump on my neck around the size of a quarter that does not hurt when is touched, is firm, and is not fixed (it floats around when to push on it but moves back to the same spot when I'm done) right around my cartoid artery about level with my adam's apple. Had I not been feeling around for swollen lymphs I would have never noticed it. While it does not hurt when touched it feels warm and the surrounding area hurts. Again I went to the doctor and he told me I had an swollen lymph node which scared me because the thought of lymphoma terrifies me (seeing as I thought it was simply a goiter). I have no idea how long the node has been enlarged seeing as I only discovered it about a three days ago. The doctor seemed unconcerned about the nausea he believed it is due to the 15 days of Cipro I've been on . As for the lymph node he feel confident that 7 days of Doxy should be enough to make it return to its normal size. However, my concern is I've been on antibiotics for almost a month now... shouldn't that have cleared up any bacterial infection that may be causing this enlarged lymph? The main thing that concerns me is that the lymph is painless... as I've scoured the internet looking for a non cancerous condition that manifests itself as a painless enlarged lymph and have found nothing. I've had no vomitting despite the extreme nausea it more just prevents me from eating much and I'm already fairly slim so this is worrysome. Does this sound like lymphoma? I have little history of cancer in my family (my grandmother's sister died from melanoma) My doctor has taken the wait and see approach but this is my life I really don't want to die yet, I have been having panic attacks ever since the lump was found people keep reassuring my that I'm ok but I feel like something is wrong with me not like a normal illness that I've experienced before. Is there any blood tests I should request specifically? Is a biopsy the only way to be sure if the lump is cancerous or not? I'm so scared and feel really helpless. Please help me!

i think i know what is causing your problems the cipro you were prescribed. Cipro is a very dangerous drug and has many adverse effects some of which include enlarged lymph nodes, and anxiety and panic attacks. The list of effects goes on and on and nausea is a major complainant among most people who have taken cipro. I took cipro for a UTI and got numerous complications including enlarged lymph nodes one in the same place you are describing. I even had a CT scan done it was only 1 cm which is not significant. The lymph node may never go back to the size it was before. I wouldn't worry if i was you, lymphoma has other symptoms none of which you have listed altho symptoms of lymphoma are very similar to other illnesses. Please try not to worry and never take cipro again or any other fluorquinolone. If you don't believe me google cipro and adverse reactions there are whole support groups for this.

Im having the exact same problem. Did you find out what the problem was?

i had the same thing, it was mono

hi i was taking cipro for 10 days every 12 hrs for 10 days and a week after i stop taking it my axillary lympg nodes got swollen to a size of a quarter and are very painful can this be a side effect of cipro??? please help because i am seriously freaked out i even took into consideration having lymphoma