Im 15 years old and about 3 months ago I had a severe ache in my grown/testicles. It was so bad one day I couldnt walk. Anyway I noticed a hard lump/knot kind of thing on my epididymis. I went to my doctor he said he found nothing wrong with me. I went to a sports orthepedic and he said something is probably wrong within my scrotum. I went to a urologist a few days ago and he said NOTHING was wrong! I even told him about the hard knot-like feeling above my left testicle, and he kind of went off saying something else without answering it. He also insisted that I not take an ultrasound.

So with all of your experiences, what would you say this thing is above my left testicle? Its starting to slightly go away, but it feels like a @ kind of shape when I feel it.

When I was 15 (some 18 years ago now) I had severe acute pain in my left testicle. It hurt to walk, stand, sit, just about anything you can imagine. After about 24 hours of enduring the pain I went to the doctor who referred me to a urologist. The urologist told me that I had appendicitis of the epididymis, as my foggy memory recalls. I had surgery that evening to correct it. And I haven't had any problems since. I don't know if this is what you have but if the pain you're experiencing is anything like mine, I wouldn't just tough it out, if I were you.

I just found this website (as I'm researching what i had) that may be of interest to you and your doctors. emedicine.com/emerg/topic595.htm