I know this post is long, but I would really appreciate it if you could read it and give me any input at all… I am a previously decently-healthy 17 year old girl, but in October, I was sitting on the couch when I suddenly had an episode where my brain felt numb and fuzzy, and almost electric-y (its hard to explain-kinda like when your leg falls asleep, but in my brain) and I had severe vertigo. It only lasted about one minute, and I shook a lot after (not like a seizure shake, but not just a little shiver, but in between). A few days after this, I had an episode where my brain felt hot and cold all at the same time (it wasn't painful, but it was terrifying and felt really weird), I felt really funny all over, got mild vertigo, and had a high heart rate (around 150 bpm), followed by an hour of shaking, even in my sleep (I was drugged with Ativan at the ER, which made me fall asleep, but my heart rate still stayed above 120 bpm). I began to lose weight too (I was 5'8" and 128 lbs before this all started, then dropped to 105lbs within a month or two (ten of these pounds where lost in one week). In between attacks, I was really tired and dazed, and it was hard to walk because I felt so tired and had to literally hold my head in my hand because it felt so heavy, as if someone exchanged my brain and cheek bones with metal.  The attacks continued to come every few days but became less and less frequent, and seemed to have stopped by late December, and I began to have more energy and my head didn't feel so heavy anymore. But, in early March, I was laying down when I suddenly had the worst vertigo I could have ever imagined (I couldn't see anything, just the whole house moving around in all directions around me), and my brain felt fuzzy, almost like it had been injected with Novocain, and this lasted for about 2 minutes, without any shaking after, just nausea (during the attack I was almost positive that I was going to die). Since the doctors can't seem to figure me out, what do you guys think this is? (lots of normal labs-including electrolytes, blood count, vitamins, and inflammation indicator). PS-I have been diagnosed with an autonomic nervous system disorder called POTS, however, POTS does not explain the episodes, and the doctors cannot find the condition that triggered my POTS (its a secondary condition), also, I have been a vegetarian since I was a kid, could that have anything to do with this?….help?? (:

I'm not sure if you have gotten better , but I had/ have the exact same thing and mine was finally diagnosed as bppv....it will not hurt you...look it up...It took them months to diagnose me , but finally did through a balance test! Unfortunately I now suffer from ptsd from them not knowing what was wrong for so long so I hope to be able to help others so it doesn't affect them the way it has me! There is a,manuever they can do to fix it and it has a high success rate ! Unfortunately it did not work on me so far but I'm hoping they can get it right soon! I've been suffering for 2 years and I just want to be back to the way it was before! Hope this helps you or someone!