My first attack was back in November of 07, I am a 26 Year Old Male.I was sitting in my lounge enjoying a wine and relaxing when a sharp pain hit me in my chest, it felt though my lungs were being squeezed, I got up and headed for the kitchen to get some water when i just collapsed on the floor, My whole body seazed up and my arms, legs, face and mouth went completely numb and tense as if i were paralysed, i went very pale, this all subsided after about 20 minutes and i felt a little weak for an hour afterwards.
The Second attack occured while out on a rather intense walk up a mountain with friends, about an hour in i started to feel strange, light headed and seeing stars, eventually i had to sit down, then the same thing happened again, only my stomach was moving very oddly as if something was trying to get out.
I have been told that they are hypertension of hypervintilation attacks, but i think it may be something more severe or sinister. One thing i have noticed is coffee or caffiene seems to make me feel the same way before an attack.
I was driving home from my girlfriends place and my hands went tingly, my vision was getting increasingly blurry as if drunk, and i felt light headed, i pulled over and walked it off but still felt very weird for the rest of the drive home.
Does this sound like Hypertension or Hyperventilation?

hi, I have had those things for 15 years now, i am 36.. i quit drinking coffee and i didnt get one for 6 months, but then i had one yesterday and today. They always happen when i quit drinking beer for awhile also, I thought it might be a withdraw symptom, or bad sugar, but my sugar is fine. I live in fear of these..

I'm 28. .. Iv. Had sumthing similar since I was 12. Blury vision followed. By a migraine. Head ach. Tingling in arm legs sometimes in my tounge. Sleep is the only way I can deal with it .. Iv. Had test. Only thing iv had come from them is low glucos. . Wat ever that means. And it appears my body is older then me. .. I had a dentist. Tell me I might. Be a clencher. A nd its nerves in my mouth. Going crazy from me grinding my teeth all night .. This is as far as iv gotten. I thought mabe sugar to coffee and fried foods seam to make it worse as well as dehydration. Please share any info

You are suffering from panic attacks.
Symptoms taking from Wikipedia

Diagnostic criteria

DSM-IV Diagnostic Criteria for Panic Attack

A discrete period of intense fear or discomfort, in which four (or more) of the following symptoms developed abruptly and reached a peak within 10 minutes:

* Palpitations, pounding heart, or accelerated heart rate
* Sweating
* Trembling or shaking
* Sensations of shortness of breath or smothering
* Feeling of choking
* Chest pain or discomfort
o Nausea or abdominal distress
* Feeling dizzy, unsteady, lightheaded, or faint
* Derealization (feelings of unreality) or depersonalization (being detached from oneself)
* Fear of losing control or going crazy
* Fear of dying
* Paresthesias (numbness or tingling sensations)
* Chills or hot flashes

You should not take the drug cure, as its temporary and in some conditions it stupid side effects gives you the
same effect as a panic attack. Like an Aspirin that causes headaches.

Take the Linden Method, Download it off Pirate Bay if you dont have the money for it.

Hi, I'm only 24 years old and as of lately I've been dealing with a tingly sensation on hands. I thought that it might be because of my regular coffee consumption.... I've noticed that whenever I drink it the tingly sensation gets worse... I've also noticed that whenever I drink beer the sensation seems to disappear.. I would love to hear someone's input on this matter....

Hey there,
i'm only 21 and i have had similar symptomes for a year now and my doctor told me it was hypo-tension,and told me to excersise. I now go to the gym four to five days a week and trust me it makes no difference. I experience blurred vision followed by tingling/numbness in the hands, face and legs, followed by an intense migrain and in many occasions I pass out. If anyone has any info on what migt be going on please reply.! I have has many tests, MRI's ,heart and brain tests,and has practically come up with nothing.

The first time I experienced this was almost 10 years ago. I immediately went to the doctor and was told that it was a migraine coming on. It started with starry vision in the middle of the eye and worked it's way out to the outer edges. After the vision cleared I felt tingling in the tips of my fingers of both hands that worked their way from the pinky to thumb then disappeared. After that I had a headache. The doctor said if I experience the starry vision to take tylenol to stop the migraine. That's what I've been doing since then. I find that sometimes I can go weeks without anything and others could be days in a row. A few weeks ago it kept happening almost every day. I've started tracking to see what I can narrow it down to (work, stress, eating habits). It's pretty scary, over time I find my symptoms have gotten worse, I'll feel unfocused like I'm not all there before the starry vision comes on and the tingling has spread to my tongue, cheeks, side of face. One episode I was hurrying to get home when it came on, when I went in I felt unfocused but didn't get the starry vision. I lay on the couch and think I passed out for 20 minutes. When I was awoken I was a bit disorientated and my tongue was off to one side, tingling especially to the side of the face. I then made a doctor's appointment that is next week. Since that one I only had one other that only had the starry vision after looking at a tracking sheet that was all hand written, weird. Now that was a few weeks ago... I may have it narrowed down to alcohol?? I didn't have a drink for 3 weeks and didn't have an episode. I'm actually having a drink now and can feel the difference in my head, like I'm not all there (I've only had 1/2 a drink so no I'm not drunk).

Hey everybody. I'm 22 years old. I've started getting the same symptoms. If you have a lot of stress, because of different responsibilities, or different unsettled issues, you're probably experiencing a panic attack. All the symptoms, even fainting can be related to this type of phenomenon. Humans are highly complex, and the physique is very powerful. Relax, settle your issues, and you'll see, things are going to get better.
This blog helped me a lot. Knowing other people experience the same things helped me relax as well.
Good luck and feel better.

I suggest you eliminate the possibility of food-dependent excercise induced anaphylaxis - my daughter had a range of symptoms in varying degrees which appeared in her teenage years after vigorous excercise including tingling, blurred visions, feelings of doom and loss of consciousness, chest pain, throat swelling etc. Finally she was referred to an immunologist and much to our amazement (we didn't know she was allergic to anything) 1it was a combination of certain foods she tested allergic to in skin tests in combination with vigorous excerise that triggered life-threatening anaphylaxis. Heat and ibuprofen can also increase the likelihood of anaphylaxis so she doesn't take ibuprofen for headaches or symptoms. I recommned you have a check up with an allergy doctor and don't be put off if they say "oh food allergy is very rare" - it is on the increase and can be life-threatening for some.

Hey, its a little reassuring that I'm not suffering alone from this weird problem.

I'm a 19 year old college student and this literally just happened to me a few hours ago while I was in biology lab. To start off I consider myself to be pretty healthy, I'm not very overweight nor do I really exercise a whole lot, recently my diet has changed from home cooked food to cafeteria food, and the environment I am residing in seems pretty "clean". I was in my biology lab and my teacher was giving the class a short lecture; during his lecture I felt mild squeezing type pains in my chest, It wasn't too bad but it later escalated and felt very painfull. My whole body began to sweat heavily, I felt very dizzy, the things and voices around me seemed to be going in "slo motion", I had blurred vision, It was hard for me to move my body parts like my legs/fingers, and I really felt like I was "dying", it was a horrible experience. I attempted to walk out of the lab room but I almost collapsed, and other students were wondering what was wrong with me; this lasted for about 2 - 3 min's. After this ordeal I recovered but I began to feel a bit cold.

I am not really stressed or going through any emotional instabilities that may result in some sort of reaction, I don't know exactly what it was but it happened to me. 

So what is this? What the hell happend to me and how do I prevent this from happening again?

A few weeks ago, I had the same symptoms. I just finished having half a cup of black coffee and hadn't eaten breakfast.  I was typing on a computer when everything went blurry. The letters were broken.  It was bad... I couldn't read.  There was a slight pressure in my head but NO headache or dizziness.  The episode lasted several minutes and didn't go away until I drank two bottles of water.  I googled this online and an article said coffee can cause a sudden spike in blood pressure (hypertension) even if you don't have high blood pressure.  High blood pressure can lead to blurry vision and blindness.  I was convinced coffee and dehydration were the culprit.  I also had a lot of sodium rich foods the night before.  A few weeks later, the incident happened again. In the weeks before, I was also getting hives and couldn't think of anything that would cause it but coffee or alcohol.  I cut coffee for two weeks- cold turkey and I also cutback on alcohol. I didn't have an episode of either hives or blurry vision.  Then this week, I had coffee, without food, and the blurry vision happened again.  I find that it goes away quickly when I drink a bottle of water and eat.  My father tells me he had this episode when he was 16.  He said it didn't happen again for years until he was 50-ish.  This year, my dad had a stroke and was diagnosed with high blood pressure, diabetes. I had my blood tests run and have no problem signs. I exercise at least four times a week and, for the most part, eat healthily.

I plan to visit a doctor soon to ask about this and will let you all know what is said.

I racked my brain to figure out what could suddenly bring on these episodes. These are the only risk factors I could pinpoint:

caffeine consumption,
high sodium foods,
alcohol consumption (3-5 drinks/week)
lack of sleep (only 4-5 hours a day and working a graveyard shift)

This happened to me 2 days ago, hospitalized - EKG, EEG , MRI & Stress test showed normal results. Co worker called & said the same happens to her & you should check out VasoVagal syncope & Vasodepressor syncome symptoms. A tilt table test confirms diagnosis. I've never drank coffee & dehydrations seems to be a factor also. I'm a 44 yr old woman... first episode.

Sorry to resurrect this topic 9 months late but I believe I have some insight into what is causing many of these cases.

After taking half of a caffeine pill (100 mg) this evening, I began to get jittery. It was on a full stomach and half a pill is equal to less than 2 cups of coffee an 8oz Starbacks mocha coffee (76mg of caffeine). Also for reference, a can of coke has about 35mg. So it wasn't that much caffeine but I can't imagine what would've happened if I had taken the whole pill.

After I noticed my leg bouncing in class, my heart began to race and I began to feel nauseous. I also felt a very strange lightheaded feeling in my head and the beginning of a headache that never really materialized thank god. . These symptoms are to be expected with a much higher dose of caffeine. Then something strange happened. My arms began to tingle. And A LOT! The numbing was mainly on the pinky/ring finger sides of my hand, wrists and arm. My doctor told me I had begun to develop carpal tunnel about six months ago and I had felt tingling in my hands before, but absolutely nothing like this, except that it occurred on the same side of my arms. The numbing/tingling feeling on the pinky/ring finger sides of my hands is associated with the wearing away of the ulnar nerve at the wrist or elbow (not really sure in my case). I also did notice my vision blur maybe just slightly for only a couple of minutes. Tinnitus (ringing in the ears) is also a symptom of caffeine use (elevated heart rate/blood pressure.

Then something even stranger began to happen. I began to feel numbness on the lower part of my face and the upper part of my neck. I had never felt this at all before. I believe it may be due to some sort of nerve issue in my neck, as I just noticed now my neck is a little sore (maybe how I slept last night.

Anyway this whole attack was definitely cause by caffeine, no doubt in my mind. HOWEVER the numbing in my arms and face, although brought on by the caffeine were due partly to nerve issues. There's definitely a relationship here between an elevated heart rate/ blood pressure and the worsening numbing of certain areas. The elevated heart rate could be brought on by exercise, anxiety, caffeine. This is all speculation but I believe in my case, the numbing I felt was caused by pressure on my nerves due to expanding blood vessels.

It makes sense why no doctors catch anything. You have to be anxious to experience the symptoms. Maybe some people are experiencing at their computers because of their incorrect back, arm or wrist posture that put pressure or wears away at the nerves. I dont know what to say for the people who experience symptoms all the time constantly however, unless then do have a high blood pressure. And to the person that said they experienced symptoms when eating: When you eat blood is diverted to the digestive system so that could be a factor.

As for how to make the symptoms stop, I would say try to correct your postures, avoid caffeine, nicotine or anything else (mainly stimulants) that raises blood pressure/ heart rate. I read somewhere that somebody said coffee increased symptoms and alcohol made them go away, which makes complete sense since alcohol temporarily lowers blood pressure. If you are experiencing symptoms, I would say take deep breathes especially focusing on a long exhale to lower heart rate.

This is all theoretical and just intelligent guessing.

I have these symptoms, but I developed panic disorder out of no where two years ago. Or at least that was what they told me was occurring when I have those symptoms. .. Could be panic disorder?

hi, 
on monday out of nowhere my right arm went numb, then my vision blurred, then the right side of my face went numb, i went into full panic mode, went to the er, got a ct scan on my brain, everything normal.  i made an appt with my primary care doctor, and she said that this is unusual for a panic attack, i am now scheduled to have mri of my brain, and sonogram of my right arm to rule out blood clots in my arm.  i am living in fear of when something like this will happen to me again.