Few days ago I have got some skin lesions that resemble acne. After few days of this, I have noticed skin lesions. Those were red, tender nodules which occurred on the legs and ankles. I realized there is something wrong so I visited dermatologist. He diagnosed me with vasculitis. I would like to hear more about this condition.

You have probably noticed pustular skin lesions that resemble acne, but can occur nearly anywhere on the body. This rash you suffer from sometimes has been called folliculitis. Skin lesions are called erythema nodosum, which occur as red, tender nodules that usually occur on the legs and ankles but also appear sometimes on the face, neck, or arms. This condition is caused by vasculitis, also called and Behcets Disease. That must be just a type of a vasculitis, which is virtually unparalleled among the vasculitides. It has ability to involve blood vessels of nearly all sizes and types, ranging from small arteries to large ones, and involving veins as well as arteries. However, vasculitis has a predilection for certain organs and tissues, such as you have experienced on your skin. Behcet’s is just one of the few forms of vasculitis in which there is a known genetic predisposition. Also it is believed that some other factors, perhaps more than one, play a role for occurring of vasculitis.