Hi, my mother is 67 years old and she is suffering from pulmonary sarcoidosis. When she visited her doctor he sent her to make x-ray pictures and after that he told her that she has sarcoidosis. I would like to know something more about these x-ray pictures and how important they are.

Hi, I am suffering from pulmonary sarcoidosis for several months. When I get diagnosis that I am suffering from this disease my doctor showed me my x-ray picture and told me that enlargement of lymph glands which was easy to notice on the center of my picture. X-ray pictures are important for good diagnosis but other symptoms need to be found if we want solid diagnosis.

What causes sarcoidosis? Can I see pictures of the rash? I have bad bone and joint pain... My sarcoid has been in remission since 1977... I have had lots of tests for arthritis, etc. I get rashes periodically. Have had it on my feet, ankles, under breast, on neck... looks like a rash of white and red in color... Today I have a rash on the top of my left hand. Looks like small pin like red rash. The one on my neck has been there and often gets darker or more prominent through the years... but it is always there, just in darker or lighter color. I have fibromyalgia for the past several years.
I seen a place online where this woman was misdiagnosed with fibro and found out in autopsy that it is/was sarcoid... The back of my neck hurts and it hurts to turn my head. Can you shed some light on this subject?
I have looked everywhere... Thank you. A Salinas

The joint pain is most likely attributed to erythema nodosum, a complication of sarcoid. It's main symtoms are severe joint pain as well as red tender bumps on the legs. The rash on your face is typical of sarcoid as well; however, it is not the same rash as the erythema nodosum on your legs. Prednisone is usually the treatment.

She needs a CT scan of her lungs and a biopsy.