Hi, my 16 year old daughter was diagnosed with cellulitis. She got a therapy and I hope it will turn out well. I would like to know more about that disease. How it occurs? What is it’s cause? Did anybody have any experiences considering cellulitis?

The word cellulitis means inflammation of the cells, by that are meant cells of skin tissues just below the surface of the skin. It's most common on the face or lower legs, but can be seen on any area of the body. Group A streptococcus and Staphylococcus aureus are bacteria most frequently responsible for cellulitis. A cut, bite, or scratch is susceptible to bacteria which are usualy present on the skin start multiplying and cause an infection. Piercing provides conditions for bacteria to get beneath the surface of the skin and spread. Cellulitis is characterized by areas of tenderness, swelling, and redness on the skin. Person can have fever, sweats and feel sick.
Lymph nodes near inflamed area can swollen.