I am 41 yr old Brit teacher and have had a globus sensation for over a month in throat. I have suffered from GERD inpast(2006) but now, no vomit/fever/lymph enlargements/coughing up blood/no weight loss, but dry burps and loud, occasional reflux of food pcs. Just a little trouble on swallowing & eusophagus feeling tight/sore & 'full' after eating, little nausea too. The feeling is like 'an arrow pierced through my gullet/trachea', especially on swallow(?)Have taken omnaprazole and little benefit. 40grm a day. Recent weeks have tried to maintain a soft food diet, soups but the odd solid like a burger. Do have a lot of stress and I do feel that to a high degree of anxiety. I have also Hypertension and medicated for this but not monitored. Depressed and starting to panic. Need some empathetic advice from a Doctor if possible. I am a foreigner in a pay system in a country that charges extortianate fees & no med ins.
And cannot afford treatment as unemployed in recessional times. Can I gain a perspective/reality check here please?
Kind Thanks in advance. Craig.

Hi Craig, feeling pain in your throat when you swallow is something that needs to be checked out. I hope that you realize that I would like to tell you something better but unfortunately it doesn't sound good. I don't think it's something to worry about and speculate on it being cancer--it can be a million other things. But you know, it should get checked to make sure that it is taken care of. Is that going to be a possibility? What do you think?

Hi there, i have been told by my docter that gerd can affect, irritate and inflame your throat. Sorry i cannot help you more but when i was experiancing gerd i also felt nausua too. Hope you get well and hope you manage to speak to a professional.