A little back draft, I have TERRIBLE Hypochondria to the point where anytime I even hear of someone dying of a disease I have to search it up online and if I think I have any of the symptoms I obsess over it. I am terrified of doctors, and haven't been in quite some time as I don't have Health Insurance so I really lack a way of putting my mind at ease, so I'm hoping I could get some insight on here.

For as long as I can remember I get that something stuck in throat sensation, a little tiny pill like substance. I've also always had terrible gag reflex, I occasionally wake up with heart burn and I burp up that acidy stuff from time to time.  The part that worries me is I also get that feeling of mucus in throat and clear it often and I notice it sounds like I've some what lost my voice or I sound quieter than normal. These always come and go, never lasting for more than an hour or so at a time but today, every once in a while before trying to sleep mainly I'll get a terrible scratchy feeling in my throat and I'll dry cough for quite some time before finally being able to sleep. I've never coughed up blood before in my life (Actually once, it was a tiny drop of blood while I had a head cold and was dry coughing for hours on end) no significant weight loss, a few lbs but I have been working a lot more. I do get ear pain sometimes, but I also get tension headaches like crazy as I sit in front of a computer for hours on end. I have never smoke or drank before in my life, but I have been a round a lot of people who smoke sadly. I'm only 23 and not family history, although my Grand father did pass away of lung cancer (not sure if there is any connection, he was a heavy smoker his whole life)

Sorry for rambling, I shouldn't have written this while I was going through a panic attack of sorts, but any insight would be greatly appreciated, and don't just tell me what I want to hear, if you honestly think there is a cause for concern please let me know and I'll just have to pay out of pocket to see a doctor.

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read all my nonsense and reply!

David,

One thing for sure is you have an Acid Reflux. Stop worrying as it would add stress to your problem w/c is not gonna help you at all. See a GI and maybe perform Endoscopy to be sure.

GoodLuck!

sOUNDS LIKE ACID REFLUX, HAD SIMILAR ISSUES WITH SOMETHING STUCK IN THROAT SENSATION, WENT TO 2 ENTS ONE WANTED TO DO AN OERATION AS i HAVE A DEVIATED NOSE AND HAD BAD SINUS ISSUES WITH OST NASAL DRI, SECOND DID AN ALLERGY TEST AND SAID THAT EVEN IF THEY DID ANY OERATION I WOULD STILL BE THE SAME , I TOO DO A LOT OF CHECKING ON THE INTERNET STUFF AS I AM LIKE YOU, AND THEN I GET REALLY WORRIED, I WAS ON SLOAN FOR THE WHOLE OF SUMMER, BUT STILL HAD RESSURE FEELING IN THROAT, DOCTOR THEN ASKED ME TO TRY NEXIUM 4O MG FOR A2 WEEKS AND FELT MUCH BETTER AS IT RELIEVED ME, I TO HAD THE ISSUE WITH LOSING MY VOICE GOING FROM HOARSE TO NORMAL, RESSURE THEN STATED FROM THROAT TO UER CHEST, IT ALSO RADIATED TO THE BACK RIGHT SHOULDER, I WOULD GET A DRY COUGH FOR NO REASON AND WOULD FEEL LIKE SOMETHING WAS COMING U FROM THE STOMACH, ANYWAY, WHEN I STOED IT FELT CHEST RESSURE , DRY COUGH, NOSE WAS STUFFED VOICE WAS FUNNY AIN IN THROAT WHEN YOU RAISE YOU R HEAD NOT THE TONSIL AREA IN MOUTH THAT IS FINE, SOMETIMES FEEL BURNING SENSATION IN STOMACH, THEY SAY IT IS WORSE WHEN YOU LIE DOWN TO SLEE AND TO ELEVATE THE PILLOWS MINE WS ALSO THERE WHEN SITTING U STANDING, WHEN I SLE AND GOT U WAS FINE, THEN IT WOULD COME ON, TAKE SOME NEXIUM OR ASK THE DOCTOR TO GIVE YOU SOMETHING FOR ACID REFLUX, BY THE WAY I HAD AN ENDOSCOYU WHEN I HAD THE RESSURE IN THROAT AND IT CAME CLEAR, BUT ID DID TAKE ZORTON A COULE OF DAYS BEFORE I WENT FOR THE ENDOSCOY BUT THE DOCTOR SAID IT STILL WOULD SHOW SOME SORT OF INFLAMMATION, BUT IT CAME CLEAR FOR BOTH HYLORI AND REFLUX,BUT THE NEXIUM SEEMS TO BE HELING, AT LEAST TAKE GAVASCON AND SEE IFTHERE IS AN Y RELIEF, LET US KNOW HOW YOU WENT, BUT GET TO A DOCTOR AD GET YOURSELF CHECKED OUT
CHEERS AND GOOD LUCK

dAVIDKM 1989 LEASE READ MY OST BELOW AS I CAN RELATE TO YOR ISSUES AND I THINK IT IS ONLY ACID REFLUX BUT IF YOUR THROAT IS ITCHY AS WELL AS YOUR EARS IT COULD ALSO BE ALLERGY TAKE A ZYRTEC AND SEE IF THE SCRATCHINESS STOPS AS IT SHOULD , DRY COUGH IS DUE TO THE ACID REFLUX AND IT CAN TURN OUT TO BE MUCAS ONCE YOU HAVE COUGHED A BIT, SEE A DOCTOR I TOO WOULD LOSE MY VOICE, AND HAVE BEEN ON A ROLLER COASTER, TAKING NEXIUM COS WHEN I STO IT COMES U AGAIN, ALSO WOULD HAVE A LOT OF SALIVA IN MOUTH AND A LADY AT WORK TOLD ME SHE GETS IT WHEN HER REFLUX ISFLARING U, AND I CAN AGREE WITH HER THERE READ MY OST BELOW AND LET ME KNOW HOW YOU ARE AND WHAT YU HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH , I TOO STRESS AND THINK OF THE WORSE IT IS NOT EASY BUT NOW I HAVE STARTED RAYING AND GOING TO CHURCH IT HAS HELED ME TRY IT I UNDERSTAND AND KNOW WHAT GOES THROUGH YOUR HEAD WHEN YOU JUST DONT KNOW WHAT THE ROBLEM IS GERD CAN CUASE SO MANY ISSUES EVEN MY THROAT WOULD HURT BUT THERE WAS NO TONSILITIES , I TOO LOST WEIGHT AS I DID NOT WANT TO EAT MY FRIENDS WERE SHOCKED , TAKE SOME VENTOLIN WHEN YOU HAVE THE MUCOS IN THROAT I DO BUT I ALSO HAVE ASTHMA, BT VENTOLIN CAN BE TAKEN BY BABIES IF WILL HEL TO CLEAR THE MUCAS, AS I WOULD WANT TO VOMIT DUE TO THIS
GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS KE US INFORMED OF YOUR OUTCOME