For several days i have had the feeling of a lump and sharp pain in my throat above my collar bone. It feels nothing like a sore throat just bad pain when i would move my neck a certain way, and i feel it throb when i bend over. Now when i try to take a breath i can feel a very sharp pain almost in the back of my neck right behing my trachea. Seems like now i am starting to get shacky, not sure if it goes along with this. It's been hard to sleep because i move and it kills me. Any idea what it could be? Should i wait to get into my doctor or maybe go to the ER just to be safe? Thanks!

Hi there, I think that you should go to your doctor if you can. It sounds like you may just have allergies. If your throat starts to close up or something like that then see someone at the ER, but you will not get thorough treatment there. If you can hold out to see your doctor, try that if you can. What do you think?

hi there my friend keeps saying that shes got the same symptoms as you and shes been to the doctor but they just keep telling her that its Reflux and so she didnt think it could be so went to another doctor and he agreed but still she doesnt believe it could just be this coz its so painful and hurts to move her neck and everything. so shes going to try and make another appointment to get another opinion. and hopefully get it seen to properly. so maybe ur doctor will be better with u and look more into it . it could well be reflux but my friend just aint happy with that evaluation as its so painful.
hope u have better luck with your doctor and hope u have it seen to.

I too have been having similar symptoms for over 4 years now and have been to 4 ENTs.I had a Cat scan, Swallow test w/ xray, reflux test. I was feeling a lump in the throat and swollen gland feelings, like a stretching feeling. All ENTs sad they cannot feel any swollen glands even though I look swollen in the mirror. Like I had mumps. The swollen gland feelings went away, but now the pain evolved now into aches in my lower throat and even back of the neck. Combined with a burning in my lower throat. My latest ENT is convinced it is LPR, which is similar to GERD without feeling heartburn. I am on Omeperazole which is not helping much. Every time they scoped my throat, they just said it looks a little red, but not much else. I also have a constant nasal drip feeling. Maybe I should try Zyrtec as others here have suggested.

There's a sleep disorder that causes the feeling of nasal drip and the lump in the throat feeling. It's not well known. Upper Airway Resistance Syndrome