Some background:
I'm 26 years old, I started my period when I was 11. I had heavy bleeding, a lot of cramping, and it was very irregular, but it did occur every month. 7 years ago, just before I found out that I was pregnant with my son, my OBGYN diagnosed me with Endometriosis. Since I was pregnant, he hoped it would cure the problem.

It did not, I had to have surgery after my son was born. After the surgery, they put me on hormone therapy. Over the course of 3 months, the doctors realized that I had gained 100lbs. They immediately took me off the hormone therapy.

Last November:
I had a period that lasted a total of 22 weeks. That's just over 5 months. There was some clotting and I started to pass out every once in a while. I was very worn out all of the time. I went to the doctor, who did an ultrasound to make sure that there was no "obstructions" and there wasn't. They checked my blood, including my Thyroid. The only thing that came back abnormal, was my platelet levels being low, which is somewhat obvious and I was anemic. For some reason, after 22 weeks, the period finally stopped.

A couple of months ago:
My period lasted over a month, and got so heavy, with large clots, that I went to the Urgent Care center, who then sent me to the ER. They examined me, did another ultrasound and put me on hormone therapy once again. Again, I started gaining weight at a rapid rate, and my ankles began swelling, I stopped taking the medicine.

Now:
My period has been going on for about two weeks, the last one was normal, but this one was a month late. The clots are large again and I'm already started to feel more tired and dizzy at times.

I'm really scared, they say it could be that my hormones are screwed up, but there seems to be no way to fix it. I'm heavy enough now, that gaining anymore weight due to hormone therapy would be very bad. I know the best advice is to go to the doctor, but what do you do when the doctors just keep doing the same thing, and don't listen? I've been to four or five seperate doctors in regards to this problem now! The fact that they've been unable to do a pap doesn't help either... I guess they can't do that very well when you're bleeding, and since I tend to never stop bleeding....

Please, if you've any advice that I haven't thought of... or if you know what may be wrong.. let me know. Thank you.

Well, I know noone had any advice or anything, but I recently found out what was wrong and I thought I'd post for anyone who's having similiar problems.

It turns out that I had polyps in my uterus. I also have a hormone imbalance that has created a condition called hyperplasia. To my understanding, it is a pre-cancerous condition that can be controlled if we can get the hormone imbalance under control. I had surgery to remove the polyps and began treatment for the imbalance. I'd highly suggest anyone having similiar problems get to a professional immediately. They said that this condition is extremely rare in someone my age. I'm 26!