Hi, I have a problem that just won't let me sleep. When I first noticed it, it did not bother me that much. Some kind of lump appeared on my hand. In time it grew and now it is quite big. I went to see a doctor. After examining me, the results were presented before me. I have a cyst and I need to undergo a procedure called excision of the cyst. What exactly does this mean?

Hi, cyst is a kind of epithelium bag that usually contains liquid. There are different types of cysts: epidermal, sebaceous, epidermal inclusion cyst, myxoid, aneurismal bone cyst, solitary bone cyst and dermoid cyst. The one that you have is sebaceous cyst. They appear when the passages of the hair follicles glands get clogged. As a result, these passages hold sebum. This is a fatty yellow material. Sebaceous cyst can only be removed by complete excision. It has to be done very carefully without damaging the cyst. If that happens, the material of the cyst will leak out causing the creation of another cyst. Let me tell you that you do not need to worry. Excision of cyst is a quite common procedure. And when it is finished you will finally be able to get some sleep.

I have a sabecous cyst for da last one week and it looks like its starting to leak!! ....wht do i do....................and will dis ever go away !???