I am male but I have very long hair that I am proud of. I wash it and comb regularly. I have changed few shampoos until I have found the right one. Yesterday I have moved my hand trough the hair and I have felt the pain. After a closer examination I have found the cyst on my scalp. It is red and round. Mother tells me that it is a sebaceous cyst. What can I do?

Since it is red and painful it has probably been infected. Sebaceous cyst is often found on hairy spots of your body. My brother had it on his chests. They usually disappear on their own. My brother's cyst has disappeared after 8 weeks. You should consult with doctors. You may need to take antibiotics or it can be treated with injection or steroid medications. Sometimes the surgical excision is necessary to perform to remove the sack and all of its components. Procedure is simple and it is not painful.

I also believe that this cyst is infected. It is not my intention to scare you, but it needs to be treated. If you leave this cyst untreated, benign cysts can lead to a range of serious complications, including blood poisoning. I had it on my head as well. Sebaceous cyst on face treatment can help, but in so many cases, surgery is the only option. I tried to heal it, but it was back like always. Until my doctor suggested me to remove it surgically. Now, I am happier because there is no pain. This cyst was never there again. I know that sometimes surgery seems really dangerous, but it not. It saved me from this pain and worries that I constantly had with this cyst.