Hi, folks. Yesterday I hurt my knee. I played football with my buddies and the opposite team mate kicked my knee accidentally. It seems I sprained my meniscus and I went to the doctor. Now, I am wearing gyps. I would like to ask whether any exercises are possible after knee injury. Thanks.

Hello to you too. I twisted my meniscus three years ago during a football match. I wore gyps for about a month, I can't remember exactly. After that, I started with physical therapy. I was recommended a muscle-strengthening program by a doctor. It would be best that these exercises are guided by a doctor or a physical therapist. They will make sure that these exercises are done properly. The main goal is to strengthen quadriceps. Warming up is done by a stationary bicycle, then extending the leg while sitting follows. Exercise in a swimming pool are also great for recovery. Talk to your doctor and see what he recommends.