I tore my ACL first when i was 14 on my left knee and had a hamstring graft modified reconstructive surgery. After i recovered from that injury i had 4 successful years of playing football until my senior season of high school i re-tore my ACL for this one they did the standard surgery using my patella tendon. they told me that i tore my meniscus both times and that it cannot be repaired. i have not played sports since, i am 21 now and am having pain in my knee almost constantly. it doesnt seem to be triggered by anything and it hurts on the inside of my knee and in the joint. i don't remember a specific event that could cause the pain other than the surgeries. i am wondering if i should see my doctor about it or if it is just pain that i will have to live with. if its the latter are there any tips to control pain.

Unless it is something unusual, the issue I was looking for, it sounds like a meniscus repair.  In general, ACL issues do not cause pain other than the initial injury, so you can likely rule that out.  On the other hand meniscus tears are annoying because they can cause random bursts of pain, or pain every time you walk, or no pain at all until you decide to do the butterfly stroke.  If this is the case, after consulting with your physician you would be sent for an MRI to confirm the diagnosis, and then there are up to two options to deal with the tear/pain:

1) repair it.    Repairing it, is not always an option, but when it is, for someone of your age, this is likely the best bet.  The upside is that, assuming the stich holds, you will have your knee mostly back to normal.  Unfortunately, as I found out after having this suregery, the fail rateis startingly high.  I am not sure how high, but I have heard as much as 30% depending if another procedure is being preforemed at the same time.  If it does re-tair, you often have to go back in for them to cut it out or try another repair.  They also have the possibility of weaking ther rest of your minisucs, so you may get a new tear in a different place.  And most dissapointingly, repairs also come with a firm 6 week non-weight bearing/crutches commitment, which unlike ACL surgeries, can not be sped up.  Unfortunately, I can not say too much more specific to the post-op Meniscus repair, as I had mine in combination with an ACL Reconstruction, and mine failed.  Needless to say, the repair is a big gamble, but if it pays off it is really worth it.  Unfortunately, for me, it did not, and I had to go back and resort to:

2) cut it out. The upside to just cutting it out is that you just simply walk out of post-op, and once the swelling and pain acociated with the surgery die down, pretty much everything is back to normal.  When I had this done, the arthroscopic incision sites did remain tender for a couple months, and there was swelling from the surgery for about a week, but the meniscus pain itslef was gone immediately.  I took about three days off work, but I could have probably gone back the next day had I really needed to.  The down side is that you will no longer have padding in decent portion, if not all, of your knee, which will eventually make you succiptable to other forms of delightful joint pain and arthritis, though I would told this would probably take 20 years to be an issue. Though, by then, I am betting that modern science, in coordination with proffesional sports, will have figured out a nice remedy for the impending situation.  Either way, for me, cutting it out was much better option than ldealing with the constant soarnes and occassional sharp pains that I had been expereincg.In any case, I wish you the best of luck!