I was playing soccer for several years professionally until I injured my knee. It happened two weeks ago and doctor in the club suggested me to make pause until swelling pass and than to make x-ray. I am very worried because of this as one of my friends told me that this kind of injuries may be the end of my football career. I would like to know if someone had similar experience.

Hi, my brother also played football and he injured his knee. The injury was very serious as his ligaments were cut so he had to quit playing. Knee has ligaments which are divided in two groups crossed ligaments and straight ligaments. Crossed ligaments give stability to the knee and straight ligaments support it. Also you may injure your meniscus – cartilage in the knee articulation which lies between bones and makes articulation moves much easier. Anyway I hope you will be fine and I wish you to play again soon.