Hello! Does anybody have an explanation on a condition called chrondomalacia. I need all the info you have! Thank you very much!

Hi there! I don’t know much. I have been studying about it, but it wasn’t in my main subject , so I didn’t get much information. Anyway, I hope that you will find something that you may use. The full name would be Chondromalacia patella. It is softening of cartilage that happens when the water content of cartilage increases and is connected to osteoarthritis. Because of the water increase the cartilage loses its normal shock-absorbing ability. The main symptom is pain in the front of the knee that worsens when walking uphill or climbing stairs. Diagnosis is made by arthroscopy of the knee. Possible treatments are: temporarily avoiding activities that worsen pain, pain relievers, physical therapy to strengthen the quadriceps and hamstring muscles and surgery.