Hello there. I train football for more than three years now and I have a question about football long term injury. How serious can they be? I ask this because several of my teammates are playing under injuries for couple of months now. They are taking pain killers, but feel some pain sometimes. Still, they try not to think about long term effects. This whole situation is bothering me so I need some more info on football long term injury.

Here are the facts. 70 non active players were examinated, tests were performed on them to check out their knees and ankles. 40 of them had knee injuries, while 30 had ankle injuries. Knee injuries included damaged medial collateral ligament combined with damaged anterior cruciate ligament and meniscus lesions. Symptoms of arthritis were found in almost 65% of injured knees and in around 35% of injured ankles. I think that the facts speak for themselves, but I'll say it outloud: don't play with injuries, you'll be out of the game faster than you know it.

I played football now my shoulder is probably ruined for life. I'm waiting to go see another specialist after spring semester and I posted up on here to see if any of these guys have a clue. Apperently they don't considering there is no answer. Just be careful and once your injured call it quits. I played through the pain and now raising my right arm above shoulder level is near impossible unless I wiggle it around.