Hi, I am 21 years old and I started body building 9 months ago. Everything is going great, I gained a lot of muscle weight, lost some fat (just a bit more and I'll loose it all), and I got very confident. Hmm, this is the first time I said it to anyone. Anyway, I would like to know something more on the importance of the knee exercises. It seems that many of amateur body builders, such as I am, are avoiding knee exercise. What do you say?

Knee exercises are one of the most important exercises in all sports, physical activities and martial arts. Everything we do in these activities, we do with the help of our knees. Well, perhaps body building could be an exception, since you use a lot of sitting and laying exercises. But still, you gain muscle mass, which is extra weight, and that is a stress for your knees. So, every exercise that builds your m. quadriceps femoralis (I’m certain you know which muscle is that) is more than welcome.