Hi, I am a passionate amateur bicycle rider. I have been active in this kind of sport activity for several years. There never were any health or injury problems. Few days ago I started having pain in the groin region. A friend of mine, who is also a sportsman, told me that I might have a hip flexor injury. What kind of injury is this?

Hi, hip flexor injury occurs as a result of overuse of the muscles that are responsible for high kicks and flexing of the knee. People that are in your area of sport activities can be affected by it. The symptom you described consists with hip flexor injury. However, you must see a doctor. He will examine your tie and hip and determine if you really have this kind of injury. If that is the case, then you must follow the course of treatment that he will prescribe. It may include placing ice on the injured area, rest, anti-inflammatory drugs and also some rehab exercises. Therefore, you ought to go to your doctor as soon as possible.