I have had a strong chemical, dust, exhaust, acrid sort of smell in my nose that comes and goes for the past couple of years - often it is accompanied by my nose getting very stuffed - but not always -

I felt so releived to read other people asking questions about this - I used to love smelling thins (nice smells of course) and often all I can smell is this disgusting smell

Haven't mentioned it to a DR 'Cause I thought I was just getting weird

hello.
i have this dusty chemical smell too. it has been a month. is is something like my bed's full of dust. first i only i feel it in bed.
now i feel almost everytime.
it so disgusting. dont know what to do.

for the past 3 years right around this time all I can smell are exhaust fumes.
I see there are a few postings.
It gets so bad that my eyes actually burn.
I am wondering if it could be from medication that I take? I take the same meds all the time so I think I can probably count that out. Could it be from sinusis?

I have this same problem with this exhaust smell what is it

I am also feeling dust smell for few moments daily from the last two weeks, any medication or solution please.

I have been smelling exhaust for about 2 years. I do not take any medications. Has anyone found any answeres to this?

Same thing here. I was starting to worry about a tumor or something since the smell of toast is usually associated with a tumor. Its quite weird for sure. Cant believe no one has an answer for this yet.

Have the same problem too. The smell is stronger when I am in the car. I thought I have extra sensitive smell of exhaust until I can still smell it in an enclose environment. I find this symptom usually there when I am stressed or weak. Still don't know what is happening.

Has anyone gotten a response?  Because, this started with me about two years ago, and I complained at work that someone was smoking in the bathroom which was located in my departments section of the building which was really close to my cubicle.  Now, this smell is happening at home and anywhere, so I now know it is me?

replace the battery in your computer. It's heating up and leaking.

When I studied for my EMT certificate we learned about seizures. And that sometimes people have a sensory aura, where they will smell exhaust fumes, or petroleum, or burning rubber type smells.

I however, also have a dusty smell, almost all the time, and I notice it most when the air is humid, like in summer time. When I try to explain, it's that it smells like I'm rolling around in a dust, or dust storm, but it never smells like exhaust fumes to me.

I too have started suffering from this strange overpowering exhaust smell and taste. I told my coworkers that I feel like I am sucking on an exhaust pipe of an old car. My coworker said she could actually smell it on my breath. Kind of like what your grandma's house used to smell like. This must mean my stomach may be producing this nasty exhaust gas smell. Luckily for me it only lasts a day each time. I'VE SEEN SOME POSTS OF IT LASTING WEEKS. I smoke Marlboro menthol. Everything else i intake is basically the same day to day. My only thought is maybe a bad batch of cigarettes. Does eveyone else smoke who has this condition. I would like to know. Thanks.

Search "Phantosmia" using Wikipedia. I found great info there. Good luck all!

Check the ingredients to most cigarettes. I never thought to think of that before, but of course, its more than just tobacco in those methanol cigarettes. They are really bad for you and contain many harmful ingredients including petroleum products.

Hi, I know this is going to sound a bit crazy, but I used to suffer from a constant smell and taste of chemicals. I went to the doctors and he had no answer, then one morning I was brushing my teeth, waiting for the chemical taste to start, and it didn't. My girlfriend had changed the toothpaste, which I had been using, which was about the same time as this smell and taste nightmare had started. The actual toothpaste was Morrisons own brand. Now it has 95% gone, and now I can smell the difference between coffee and tea. Try having a look at your toothpaste, it may be that which is causing your problems, best wishes, Rose.