I’ve noticed that sometimes have black mucus in nose. Had no respiratory problems recently. Mucus is almost black, not bloody, very dark and solid. I don’t feel pain in lungs, don’t sneeze or cough. Should I be worried? What has made mucus in nose black?

I guess that you should do sinus CT scan. It is not necessary that dark mucus indicates sinus infection, but this is the way that it can be checked. Do you feel pressure in area of sinuses? By CT scan or x-rays it can be identified if there is a block of any opening that drains your sinuses. If you have bacterial infections, 3 weeks of taking antibiotics will be helpful. And at the other side, it does not have to mean that you have any problem with sinuses. Maybe that colour is caused by polluted air that you breathe from the environment. It depends where you work and where you live. Have you thought about that?

sorry if this response comes too late... but black solid masses coming from your nose.. may not be mucus at all... I have fungal sinusitis.. and the fungus that sometimes comes out of my maxillary sinus is in the form of solid chunks anywhere from dark greenish brown to black.

and I guessed it was probably mold....thank you to the other guest who gave me an actual name to look up..... I am wondering if there might be mold in my environment somewhere that I dont know about.

Hello

I can sense a blocked nose and the mucus blockage makes me dizzy at times blowing it out.

I since the intake that I breath around outside but mostly within the flat.

I don’t drink smoke and it bugs me.

Right side nostril feels partly blocked not sure by how much?

I know that dunking your head in warm water in the sink while letting the warmth of the water sometimes makes it easy to blow.

Mostly my nose is bleeding which doest look nice to see.

Would consulting the doctor so that he/she can take a look to make sure its not partly serious?

I've had black mucous if I spent an extended period of time in a very dusty or dirty area. Of you breathe up dirty air your mucous will block it from getting into your airway and therefore your mucous will turn back. Before you freak out thinking you have all these diseases, assess your environment.

You may have a fungal infection called Mucormycosis that targets the immunocomprimised, especially Diabetics.  Do you have 1 sided headaches behind the eyes??

What did you do for the fungal sinus problem?

What did you to for the fungal sinus problem?

I have a doctors appointment next week to have it checked

What ever happened with this??

I think it came from my nasal cavity..
What should i do?

Omg yeh i do it always comes on my left side of head :(