I was wondering why does my poop smell so bad?

The bacteria inside of the feces is what makes them smell so bad. Specifically, the bacteria produce various compounds and gases that lead to the infamous smell of feces. Poop will vary in smell depending on the type of foods and drinks that you consume. Generally speaking, feces will smell worse if you consume foods or liquids with many artificial flavors or chemicals in them. The bad smell of feces will usually be reduced by eating more natural foods that do not contain any artificial flavors or chemicals. Also, the poop of meat eaters usually smells worse than that of vegans.

Hi i don't know why your stools stink.! Mine used to smell like rotten fish-meat gone off and no matter how much air freshener we used it took about 7 hours to rid the smell. I could never go to the loo regularly as well. Maybe once every 5-6 days. Then a relative said use Metamucil and eat prunes, so i did. To my amazement i started going to the toilet every 3 days for a while then every 2 days. 

Now once a day also my stools-poo stopped smelling and has not stunk since. Found this to work by chance-luck.  

Poop smells bad depending on what you are eating. You can diminish the order by eating fresh parsley and taking alfalfa capsules. The Cholophile lessens the ordor.

The most simple answer is a bad diet. Your digestive system could probably use an overhaul. Better quality foods that are high in fiber and lots of water will help. If you have problems pooping everyday then eat more fiber and try some aloe in water. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use